• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Merge Files issue in Acrobat XI Pro since FlashPlayer is not longer supported.

New Here ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have an older version of acrobat which still works fine but now I have issue with the merge files since Flash player is no longer supported. I can merger the files but I'm unable to view the files, edit or arrange teh files in the application. It juse gives me a black screen now. 

Is there other ways to overcome the problem. Thanks.

KC

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Karen,

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described you are unable to merge, view/access and edit the PDF files after the removal of Flash player.

Please make sure you have the latest version 11.0.23 of Adobe Acrobat XI that was released on 14th Nov 2017. Go to Help > Check for updates. You may also download the patch manually using the link: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotes/index.html

Also, Adobe Acrobat XI is an old And EOL application. Adobe no longer provides technical support, including product and/or security updates, for all derivatives of a product or product version. Adobe strongly recommends that you update to the latest versions of Adobe Acrobat DC and Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. By updating installations to the latest versions, you benefit from the latest functional enhancements and improved security measures.

For more information please check the help page: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/end-of-support-acrobat-xi-reader-xi.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm already on 11.0.23.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's not the latest version of Acrobat. The latest version is Acrobat DC. Unless you use that one, it's not going to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can convert the files you merged from using Flash to being non-Flash based using this (paid-for) command-line tool I've created: https://www.try67.com/tool/convert-portfolio-pdf-to-normal-pdf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First make sure you have uninstalled Flash Player

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines