• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Merging and downloaded docs look okay and then go blank in parts after a while.

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Users are merging documents and they save okay, but after a while whole pages or half a page disappear when accessed later.  Sometimes as if the page was lifted off of a scanner whne halfway scanned.  Also happnes when downloaded from Deltek and saved as PDfs.  Data is there in the dcoument and is readable.  But when accessed days, weeks, or months later parts or whole pages are missing.

Tried upgrading to latest Adobe Pro Business edition on line but we are still getting errors and now users have to sign the docs everytime they are saved.  Does anyone know why pages and half pages are disappearing over time?  It is happening with all merged documents.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow - that's very unusual.  Maybe the first thing to try is to see if the documents display that way on anoither computer or device.  In what application are you viewing these PDFs? What OS?  The more you can tell us,  the better chances we have to see if we can come up with a solution, I believe.

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning Dave,

All three employees that are having the issue are using Windows 2010.    They were all at first using the licensed version  of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 2015 release which has worked fine for 5 years.  About a month ago our new HR files started to show blank or what looked like half a page.  Almost as if they were being scanned and the page was pulled away after half a scan.  We are acquiring these documents to be merged in three ways.  One is scanning of hard copies to the server prior to shredding them, two they are downloaded from the Deltek/CostPoint, and three is where documents are downloaded from talent management.  The single files are saved to our file server as PDFs and look fine.  They can be opened and read and if needed edited and saved and read agian.  After they are merged when needed, same thing, they can be read.  But for some reason over time, being a day, week, or month, when they are opened there are blank pages interspursed within the document or pages where there is only half a page again like a half scan.  Our solution, we thought, was to buy the latest Adobe Pro via online subscription.  Great program, but this did not work.  So I called Adobe yesterday afternoon and they said to go to Help in the Adobe App and select repair installation.  All three users have done this and have created new merged PDFs.  Waiting to see if they get corrupted.  I read some where that it could be a setting on our server.  Something about the server being set to use "Replace" when using network drives instead of using"Update"?  I can look at that, but our Group Policy has not been changed in two years.  Unfortunately, all the docs have PII or sensitive data so I can post one.

v/r,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hoping they stay 'whole' for you!  Keep  us posted.

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the same sort of issue.  I insert a page, save the document, insert another page, save again and the first page just goes blank.  I've spent 2+ hour chatting both online and on the phone with Adobe with 4 different people and they have no clue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines