• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Merging two different sized PDFs into single PDF, but browsers are showing original size

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am trying to help someone with a issue they are having. Prior to being upgraded to Windows 10, and Adobe Acrobat CC, when they would merge two different sized PDFs together into one, the new PDF would automatically display the pages as a standard A4 size when viewing in a browser like Chrome or Edge. Also, some of these files would be landscaped, so when they were displaying, the orientation would be fixed so that they all displayed as portrait. 

After the upgrade, one page (one of the original PDFs) would be portrait, and the other would be the wrong orientation, or way larger than the other. I have showed them how to print the PDF, but that only fixes the size, not the orientation. Also, they were able to do this without needing to print the PDF prior to the upgrade. I tried checking settings, but I'm not familiar enough with Acrobat Pro to know what to look for. Any suggestions?

Sincerely,

Charles

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , How to , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you describe the steps taken to create the new pdf?

Also, did you check the File > Properties to see if the Initial View can help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Eric,

Thank you for your response. After opening Acrobat Pro DC, we:

1. Click on Tools
  2. Click on Combine Files
  3. Click Add Files
  4. Choose one of the two PDFs
  5. Click on Add Files at the top
  6. Choose the other PDF
  7. Click Combine
  8. Click Save

Prior to upgrading to Windows 10, the same steps were followed, but the mismatched document sizes (A4 portrait, 11x17 landscape, etc)  would all be the same viewing size and optimal reading orientation (landscaped documents stay landscaped, not rotated 90 degrees) if opened in a browser window.  I have tried printing to PDF, but it changes the landscaped document to portrait mode. I've even attempted something I found where it was a document fix that had to be applied, but that wasn't consistant. For background information, some documents are from our school, and the others are from other schools that use a different document layout format. 

I have not yet tried that suggestion you offered. Should we try that on the finished PDF? If so, what options do you recommend to have checked?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you try the following:

• Open document 1
  • Open the thumbnail panel on the side (View>Show/hide>Navigation Panes>Thumbnail)
  • Right-click on the thumbnail of the document, 
  • Select insert Insert Pages > From File...
  • Navigate to the second document
  • Open

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines