Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing Character on PDF File

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

Over the past two months whenever I save a word/powerpoint file as a PDF file I loose the letter i.  I also get a message 

Cannot extract the embedded font 'AAAAAH+YanoneKaffeesatz-Regular'. Some characters may not display or print correctly.

This did not happen before, and I have looked back on previous files and they work fine.

Any ideas?

Thanx 

George

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me move this to the Acrobat forum for you, which is the appropriate forum for your question.

The Using the Community forum is for help in using the Adobe Support Community forums, not for help with specific programs. Product questions should be posted in the associated product community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you create this PDF file? It certainly was not created with any Adobe tools per the Document Properties:

2021-03-24_9-41-44.png

Expected XMP metadata is missing as well:

2021-03-24_9-49-22.png

Doing a Preflight inventory of fonts, the ‘i’ character is missing. As such, the PDF, created by who-knows-what, is more bogus than a $3 bill.

2021-03-24_9-45-44.png

Sorry, given the dubious provenance of this PDF file, there isn't really anything that we can do to assist you.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was created on word and the example I sent was in Powepoint.  I saved both files as pdf.  I dont understand what you mean bogus?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The internal information (XMP metadata) within the PDF file indicates that it wasn't generated via any Adobe software. Exactly what steps do you do in PowerPoint (or Word) to generate this file?

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanx for your prompt response.  I usually use the save as PDF format when I save from Word or  Powerpoint.  Both a fully registrated programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines