Highlighted

Missing font message in PDF

New Here ,
Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a PDF from a program called Report Builder.  The file I made was designed using fonts on my computer.  When I open the PDF in Acrobat it says I am missing those fonts and substitutes them even though I obviously have them on the computer.  I don't think there is a way to embed them from Report Builder software, but I find it strange that this error shows up.  Any help would be much appreciated.  

PS, if I edit the PDF in Acrobat, I can change them back to the fonts I had so it is not like the fonts are missing in Acrobat...

Thanks! 

TOPICS
Create PDFs, Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Missing font message in PDF

New Here ,
Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a PDF from a program called Report Builder.  The file I made was designed using fonts on my computer.  When I open the PDF in Acrobat it says I am missing those fonts and substitutes them even though I obviously have them on the computer.  I don't think there is a way to embed them from Report Builder software, but I find it strange that this error shows up.  Any help would be much appreciated.  

PS, if I edit the PDF in Acrobat, I can change them back to the fonts I had so it is not like the fonts are missing in Acrobat...

Thanks! 

TOPICS
Create PDFs, Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 25, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have Adobe Acrobat Pro, you can embed these fonts in the PDF file after you create it. Without having access to a sample file that shows this message, it's impossibe to say what's going on. 

Take a look here for information about font embedding in reports created by Report Builder: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/reporting-services/report-builder/exporting-to-a-pdf-file-repor...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 25, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response.  It turns out any type of SSRS prorgam does not like OTF fonts.  I converted the OTF to a TTF font and it embedded the font into the PDF.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 05, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting. Glad that you figured it out. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 05, 2020 0