Highlighted

Missing images when converting pdf to ppt

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

I've been experiencing issues off and on when converting PDF's to Powerpoint decks with certain images missing. Does anyone have advice on how I can get ALL of the images to transfer over from the PDF to the PPT?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Missing images when converting pdf to ppt

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

I've been experiencing issues off and on when converting PDF's to Powerpoint decks with certain images missing. Does anyone have advice on how I can get ALL of the images to transfer over from the PDF to the PPT?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 19, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brant,

Need some info:

What kind of images, where'd they come from?

What version of Acrobat (and what release)?

What is your OS (and what release)?

How are you converting the PPT to PDF? What is your process?

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 19, 2020 1
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gary,

Answers below, thanks for the help!

Images are from a third party, but images within the PPT on various slides. The text and some of the content is switching over, but the larger images are not. 

I'm using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.

Using Windows (latest release but not entirely sure on that)

I'm using the conversion tool within Adobe Acrobat, downloading the PPT file to my computer, and then opening the PPT where I see the missing images. 

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 22, 2020 0
Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brant,

Do you know what kind of images these are? (Vector, bitmapped, etc.)

Is there any chance you could share a page from the PPT that has this problem?

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 22, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gary,

I unfortunately do not know what kind of images they are other than I noticed they were larger than some of the other creative in the document. See the below examples. The first file is what the PPT looks like after converting and the second is the original PDF doc. 

gold cup example.JPGGC example.JPG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 22, 2020 0
Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brant,

Can you please share the original PPT file (you may need to do that as a DM to me).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 22, 2020 0
gary_sc LATEST
Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, and again: what is the process you are using to do the convertion to PDF (what steps are you taking: what menus you are going in, what selections in those menus, etc.)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 22, 2020 0