Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing PDFMaker Files in Acrobat 9

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2012 Mar 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I am helping someone with a problem who has received this message while he tries to create a PDF by using Acrobat Pro 9.

He clicks on create pdf from file, selects the file, and then it begins to create.  But it then gives the error message "Missing PDFMaker files" and asks to run a repair.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe Acrobat Pro 9.  I have even logged in under my own profile and can make the PDFs with no issue, the error does not come up for me.  I have also tried to run the repair it asks.

Aside from re-creating his profile (last resort), what can I do to correct this?

Thanks for your help!

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at this KB and let us know if it helps or not.

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/329/329044.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Sabian:

Answering both your emails. I have no problems making PDFs. Acrobat is fully operating. It is a problem that occurs only in some of the longer documents when the pages do not break the same as in the original WORD. Pages in the WORD document consistently end at 48 pi.

I am using Acrobat Pro 9. I am using WORD in Office 10. I created the PDF by selecting it when right clicking on the document icon. Previously I successfully changed the page trim size (originally it created the PDF in letter size – but I am using a custom 6 x 9 inch page.)

Thanks for your help.

Rachel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are 2 points to be made here. As far as I know, Adobe has not instituted PDF Maker from AA9 for the OFFICE 2010 suite. As to the page breaks, it may be that MS went back on the default that they had in OFFICE 2007. WORD (in the FILE>Options) has a compatibility setting that uses printer metrics. Thus, if you change the printer the document will reflow, causing a change in the page breaks. To get around this, you either need to change the setting in WORD or go to the File>Print and select the Adobe PDF printer and then return to the document to adjust your flow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Sabian – small correction to my email – The WORD documents were probably with the .doc extension from an older version of WORD. I wonder whether experimenting with converting those to .docx would help??

Rachel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines