• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing random letters

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a pdf by importing from a word document. I add text to the pdf in Acrobat. Everything is fine for a while and then when I scroll back through pages, some of the letters of fonts will be randomly missing. It's usually the first letter of the word, but not always. Sometimes, the letters will be there on the screen but missing when I print. I just installed the program to this PC last night. 

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joseph,

Hope you are doing well.

When you say PDF was created by importing word document, how exactly you have converted it to .pdf format and what were the exact steps performed?

• Was it like saved a word file to .pdf using File>"Save as PDF" or created through Acrobat DC>File>Create PDF tool?
  • Generally when text format isn't accurate after conversion, then it means fonts used to create the actual document isn't embedded correctly or missing from your system
  • Convert the word file to .pdf using Acrobat DC (if you owns it) and then check.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you only have the existing PDF, you'll need to embed the fonts into the PDF with Acrobat. See this thread for guidance (October 5, 2019):

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/scrambled-text-when-viewing-pdf-documents-in-acrobat-standard...

If you can go back to the original Word document, add the extra text there, and then export a new PDF from Word, ensure that you've checked the option to embed the fonts into the PDF.

See this thread for guidance (October 9, 2019): https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/exporting-from-word-to-adobe-pro-dc/m-p/10659176

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines