Highlighted

Moving thumbnails???

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Until recently, I was able to move pages around within a document, using page thumbnails.  Now, it won't.  In the past, I'd highlight the page, and reposition it up or down within the document.  Now, no such ability.

Did Adobe make a subtle change in the current version of DC Pro?

I tried using the "HELP" page, but even after following the instructions, the thumbnail page won't budge.

I also re-loaded and repaired the program.  But, still the problem persists.

Any ideas on how to solve this issue?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Moving thumbnails???

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Until recently, I was able to move pages around within a document, using page thumbnails.  Now, it won't.  In the past, I'd highlight the page, and reposition it up or down within the document.  Now, no such ability.

Did Adobe make a subtle change in the current version of DC Pro?

I tried using the "HELP" page, but even after following the instructions, the thumbnail page won't budge.

I also re-loaded and repaired the program.  But, still the problem persists.

Any ideas on how to solve this issue?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 08, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!

Moving pages around within a document, shouldn't be that difficult with Acrobat DC. Unless, the file is secured, digitally signed or was created using LiveCycle Designer or something similar, which prevents it from being edited in this way.

Right click on this problematic file>Document Properties>Security> changing the Document and Page extraction allowed or not? 

Do you experience this issue with a particular file or haven't been able to move page thumbnails for all of them? Would you mind trying a different file than this one?

You may also make ensure that you are working with Acrobat DC not the freeware Acrobat Reader DC desktop application. They both looks identical. 

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 08, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a bug that Adobe is aware of.

Same problem with moving tags within the tag tree.

In both panes, do a cut and paste to move them around.

For pages, use the Organize Pages tool pane on the right side (or under the Tools tab).

Bevi Chagnon | Designer & Technologist for Accessible InDesign + PDFs | Books @ www.PubCom.com/books — NEW! Accessible InDesign + PDF

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 08, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a fix?  Because I  really liked the ease and convenince of moving the thubnails.  I would think Adobe could fix it easily, if they are aware of it????

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 09, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you're zoomed out so that the entire page is visible before trying to drag it in the Pages panel. If you don't you might be dragging the zoom box instead of the page itself.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 09, 2020 1