Highlighted

MS Word to Adobe Acrobat

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Adobe Acrobat for Windows 10 retain MS Word footnote and endnote links?

I like Wikipedia where an endnote reference mouse-over produces the actual endnote in a popup.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by JR Boulay | Adobe Community Professional

You will find this setting in Word:

ShareX_4o2XhoRtEG.png

TOPICS
Create PDFs, Edit and convert PDFs, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

MS Word to Adobe Acrobat

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Adobe Acrobat for Windows 10 retain MS Word footnote and endnote links?

I like Wikipedia where an endnote reference mouse-over produces the actual endnote in a popup.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by JR Boulay | Adobe Community Professional

ShareX_4o2XhoRtEG.png

TOPICS
Create PDFs, Edit and convert PDFs, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 22, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please state which version of Adobe Acrobat Pro and MS Office suite are you using with Windows 10.

I think that the ability to retain such objects may be possible if the PDF Maker add-in in MS Office has no compatibility issues, but I may be wrong.

This has been partially answered before in these forums though.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 22, 2020 0
Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ShareX_4o2XhoRtEG.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 23, 2020 1
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much JR_Boulay. I did neglect some inportant information. I am using MS Word 2010 and I haven't purchased Adobe Acrobat yet. I never upgraded Word because I didn't want my data to be tied into their servers (misnamed "the Cloud").

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 23, 2020 0
Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that is why I asked the version first.

There was a user that I tried to help before who had this issue with version 2016. There was an incompatibility issue at the time and Micrososft support had to instruct the user how to modify some XML files to get the job done.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 23, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@dangad,

You are under the misapprehension that converting Word documents to PDF using Adobe Acrobat forces uploading of any of your data to Adobe. The only case where any of your data (in PDF format) would appear in Adobe Document Cloud would be if you explicitly requested that the PDF file be stored there.

- Dov Isaacs, Principal Scientist, Adobe

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 23, 2020 0
Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I never upgraded Word because I didn't want my data to be tied into their servers"

I don't know if "their" means Adobe or Microsoft or both, but Dov Isaacs answered about Adobe, and be sure that nothing will force you to use Microsoft OneDrive. It's the user choice.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 25, 2020 0
dangnad LATEST
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello JR_Boulay. I hope I can come back to this thread a month later. I have purchased Adobe Acrobat and done my first Word>Adobe PDF conversion. The endnote link works well FORWARD but there is no link to get back to the text. In Word you simply double click the link (superscript) in the link and it takes you back. Getting back to the text is just as important as looking at the endnote.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 26, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

++ Adding to the correct suggestion by JR_Boulay

You may also refer to the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/using/creating-pdfs-pdfmaker-windows.html#application_specific_pd... and look under Word tab settings (Microsoft Word)

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 23, 2020 2