• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multi Page fillable forms

Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have made a single page fillable form. I would like to add additional pages with the same blanks

as the pg 1. What I did was to copy page 1 and paste it as page 2 ( after creating a new copy called pg 2) The issue is whatever I type in page 1 is filled in to page 2 and so on. How can I break this link?

Any Ideas?

TOPICS
Create PDFs , How to , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rename all the fields so they have unique names.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Try67 that works!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you copied page you also copied field names, if two fields have same name when you fill one field, second will also be filled, to fix this rename your fields on second page.

Better way to do what you want is to make template from page1 and create a button to spawn template when you want, with enabled renaming fields when spawned,unless you have calculations in fields, but if there is no calculations template is the way to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nesa, Thank you for your advice!! I tried the renaming option and it works  (as you said it would).

But to make a template?? which tool do I use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat allows you to do it, via Tools - Document Processing - Page Templates. Then you would need to use a script to spawn copies from it.

If you're interested, though, I've created a (paid-for) tool that allows you to duplicate a page as many times as you need (and automatically rename all the fields in it!) very easily and quickly. You can find it here: https://www.try67.com/tool/acrobat-duplicate-pages-of-a-pdf-file-including-form-fields

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Try 67, This is a one time need ( I think) but its a company computer  and I don't think I can add this.

In tools I don't see the Document Processing option I have Acrobat Pro 17

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Search for "Template" in the Tools panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see it, but if I get your tool on my personal PC can I edit the page form and then email to my work with the changes intact without scaring my IT guys?

Either Way Thanks for your help I have changed the field names and it works for me!

Thanks Try67 !!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sure. You only need to install it on one computer and the files you edit with it can be viewed anywhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines