• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiline Fillable Form Help

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TLDR; My goal is to be able to import the PDF into Acrobat and have it automatically add multiline fillable text boxes on each page.

Hi everyone!

I have digital workbooks I create for my community weekly. I want to make them fillable so people don't have to print them, but I'm having some issues with setting this up so it's not time-consuming on my end. The design is very simple, which you'll see here. It's designed to look like a notebook page:
Screen Shot 2021-04-16 at 10.21.23 AM.png
When I important this into Acrobat and use automatic filling, it creates each line as its own fillable entity. That means I have to manually remove each line and edit one of the lines to be a multiline space. To manually add a fillable text box on every page of the workbook, edit it to be multiline, edit the font, etc, it's not worth my time. 

Does anyone know how to save a settings or action to implement here? I was also thinking there might be a workaround that makes Acrobat think it's a multiline box. I have tried to alter the design but I can't seem to figure it out.

My ideal goal is to be able to import the PDF into Acrobat and have it automatically add multiline fillable text boxes on each page.

Thanks so much for your help!

TOPICS
How to , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When all pages are the same you can create one form field and create multiple copies of this field.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Can you tell me how to do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select the text field and use the menu at mouse right click:

Bild1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That will create identical copies of the field, though. You'll have to manually rename each copy so that it can have a unique value...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it sounds like there really is no simple and fast way to do this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually, there is, but it requires using a script.

You can use this (paid-for) tool I've developed to duplicate a page as many times as needed and have the fields in it automatically renamed so they are unique in each copy: https://www.try67.com/tool/acrobat-duplicate-pages-of-a-pdf-file-including-form-fields

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines