• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multimedia crashes Adobe Acrobat DC - no solution available

Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I've searched throughout the Adobe Community forums, also live chatted with Adobe agents with remote screen share but no one has been able to help resolve the issue of adding a video to the PDF. This has become so frustrating. The level of support has been terrible. The agents do not read the issues and just cannot help. Hoping someone reads and replies with a solution.

Multimedia Adobe Crash.png

TOPICS
Rich media and 3D

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Hi there,

Dave, thanks for replying. Acrobat is all up-to-date, done repair installation too.

Media file type is mp4. I've tried different mp4 files but same issue.

Issue occurs when adding any mp4 files in a blank PDF or whilst editing a PDF too.

Able to add images (the screenshot was of the PDF showing the various crash captures) and mp3 files.

Meanwhile, I searched the Adobe community again and came across Windows 10 Settings options: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/acrobat-dc-crashes-play-embedded-video/m-p/11843233#M298879

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lots of folks here who can try to help.  Please provide as much detail as you can about your situation.  Is your Acrobat version up to date?  What type of media file are you trying to use?  Does your issue occur with all PDFs?  All media files?

Maybe we can figure something out to help.

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Dave, thanks for replying. Acrobat is all up-to-date, done repair installation too.

Media file type is mp4. I've tried different mp4 files but same issue.

Issue occurs when adding any mp4 files in a blank PDF or whilst editing a PDF too.

Able to add images (the screenshot was of the PDF showing the various crash captures) and mp3 files.

Meanwhile, I searched the Adobe community again and came across Windows 10 Settings options: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/acrobat-dc-crashes-play-embedded-video/m-p/11843233#M298879

This seems to have solved the problem and I'm able to play the videos....but a new issue occurred as video playback control options do not show up. I believe this to be an Adobe issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines