Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple version of the same PDF but with different headers

Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, I need help! 🙂

I have a PDF file and want to create a hundred copies of it, each with a different header (I have xls file with the list of headers I'll be using):

"Copy number 001. File prepared for Adam."

"Copy number 002. File prepared for Mark."

and so on.

Is there any way to automate such an operation? I am using Acrobat DC (21.001.20145)

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

/I don't know how to edit my topic, sorry./

And of course each file should be named like:
"001_Filename_Adam.pdf"
"002_Filename_Mark.pdf"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created a (paid-for) tool for Acrobat that allows you to do just that:

https://www.try67.com/tool/acrobat-batch-watermark-a-pdf-file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the offer, but was looking for free solution. I've found JavaScript sample but could not get it working...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I understand correctly you are looking for a free ready-to-use script.

Do you also need free technical support?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you are right Sir. From a Adobe Support Community I hoped for a free advice/help...

For paid solutions I would pick any top10 result from google search, there are plenty.

I've found this solution but could not get it working (JS creates only first copy and then stops):
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/59295988/copy-a-pdf-documents-with-unique-numbered-watermarks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're happy to give you pointers and help you learn how to do it, if you're interested in doing that, but if you want someone to do it for you you'll probably need to pay for it. Adobe Support does not cover this kind of stuff at all, and this is mostly a user-to-user forum, with almost all volunteer participants.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

If you have a script that is not working, you can post some information about what is not working and which script you are using, then we may be able to help you. Atlthough most of what we would be providing is just guidance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines