Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple Versions of Distiller Running

Enthusiast ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys

I have a Surface Pro 4 (Win10) with Acrobat DC v21.0 running. I also have Acrobat Reader v2001.001.20145 in case I am signed out of CC on the road and want to read a pdf quickly (without going through the sign-in procedure). I have had this configuration for several years.

I have started to get sporadic warnings of multiple instances of Acrobat Distiller running over the last couple of months. Below is an image.

20210306_Acrobat_Distiller_Issue.jpg

The Control Panel verifies only DC and Reader are running. Has anyone seen this before and can anyone advise how I can troubleshoot to stop this? Any help would be welcome.

Regards,

Graham

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Graham,

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described you are getting the error 'Another instance of distiller is busy starting up. This instance can not continue'

Please look at the correct answer marked in a similar discussion https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/another-instance-of-distiller-is-busy-starting-up/td-p/101255... and see if that works for you.

Hope it will help

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks, Amal. I will do that next time. But I think using Task Manager only stops additional instances that have started running, not solved additional instances from ever starting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Distiller is a part of Acrobat (not included with Reader). I'm not sure what control panel you mean, can you give more details about how you are checking what is running please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am talking about the Windows Control Panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, which Windows control panel please? There are many... but I can't think of any that do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is only one Control Panel, but it has lots of sections😊. I'm talking about where it lists out the programmes. There is only DC and Reader listed. Additionally, Task Manager lists only one version of DC running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Programs control panel shows you only the programs you have got installed. It doesn't say anything about whether they are running. And where a Program includes other programs it doesn't show anything at all. Task manager shows what is actually running. Distiller will show up, if it is running, as "Acrodist".

The big question is, I guess, are you actually trying to use Distiller, or it just randomly starting? Distiller is almost entirely used when you print to the Adobe PDF printer - it runs behind the scenes to make that work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines