Highlighted

My annotations disappear suddenly, without warning. What's happening?

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased Acrobat 2017 Pro less than a year ago.  Aside from the fact that the support given by Adobe is frustrtingly confusing and unhelpful, my annotations suddenly and without warning disappear.  In addition, as I am working with a PDF (a transcript of a trial) the pages suddenly go blank of everything, including the text in the transcript.  I close the document, find it in the appropriate folder, and it opens without a single annotation that I put there, although the text returns.

It also seems that the PDF has not been completely OCR'd, and I can't find how to OCR it.  In certain spots in the transcript, I can highlight text, at other times and places, I cannot hightlight text.

Sometimes, when I try to save the document, I get an error message telling me I cannot, because the document has been damaged.  At this point, I am extremely sorry I purchased this product.  The last straw is that I got a  message that Adobe no longer supports chat with this product.

Can anyone give me some help?  I am working In Windows, the very latest version, Windows 10 Pro, Version 2004 (at least I think it's the latest).

Peter

415-308-4886

fnp@pafmap.com

TOPICS
Create PDFs, Edit and convert PDFs, Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

My annotations disappear suddenly, without warning. What's happening?

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased Acrobat 2017 Pro less than a year ago.  Aside from the fact that the support given by Adobe is frustrtingly confusing and unhelpful, my annotations suddenly and without warning disappear.  In addition, as I am working with a PDF (a transcript of a trial) the pages suddenly go blank of everything, including the text in the transcript.  I close the document, find it in the appropriate folder, and it opens without a single annotation that I put there, although the text returns.

It also seems that the PDF has not been completely OCR'd, and I can't find how to OCR it.  In certain spots in the transcript, I can highlight text, at other times and places, I cannot hightlight text.

Sometimes, when I try to save the document, I get an error message telling me I cannot, because the document has been damaged.  At this point, I am extremely sorry I purchased this product.  The last straw is that I got a  message that Adobe no longer supports chat with this product.

Can anyone give me some help?  I am working In Windows, the very latest version, Windows 10 Pro, Version 2004 (at least I think it's the latest).

Peter

415-308-4886

fnp@pafmap.com

TOPICS
Create PDFs, Edit and convert PDFs, Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 26, 2020 0

Have something to add?