Highlighted

My default email client (Spark) not recognized by Acrobat

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear community,

I have installed Spark as email client for my Mac (MacOS Catalina). When I want to send an email by clicking on the envelope in Acrobat, I see the message "defaut email application (unkown)" on the dropdown menu in the "send by email" box. 

This is even stranger as when I set Mail app as my default email client, it is then recognised by Acrobat. 

Someone can help? 

Thanks a lot! 

TOPICS
General troubleshooting, Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

My default email client (Spark) not recognized by Acrobat

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear community,

I have installed Spark as email client for my Mac (MacOS Catalina). When I want to send an email by clicking on the envelope in Acrobat, I see the message "defaut email application (unkown)" on the dropdown menu in the "send by email" box. 

This is even stranger as when I set Mail app as my default email client, it is then recognised by Acrobat. 

Someone can help? 

Thanks a lot! 

TOPICS
General troubleshooting, Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 26, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If changing the default email client in your macOS didn't work using these Apple guidelines: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201607

then that may be a setting that you need to manually configure in the  Plist and following the Acrobat Preferences Reference as guidance :https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/PrefRef/Macintosh/index.html

Look into the Custom Webmail subfeatures.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 27, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. Desperately need help with a solution on this. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 21, 2020 0
ls_rbls LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because Adobe Acrobat integrates the use of both, the file explorer and the web browser of the operating system, it may be possible that if the email client was not  set as the efault email client systemwide, it may not show as a recognized email client application in Acrobat.

However, the key observations here are:

• Is there any step of the registration with Spark need to be enabled/activated with the service provider? How about reinstalling or repairing the original installation? These are tips that other macOS and  MS Windows users have followed when they get the same problem with MS Outlook, for example.

• Spark email client is advertised as a full desktop email client when in fact it looks more to me as a webmail client collaboration email app with support to integrate  other third-party email clients. If you look in their support page : https://sparkmailapp.com/help/185-cannot-set-up-a-custom-email-address.html  It clearly states that it doesn't support POP3 protocol, so that is basically a webmail client... not a full desktop email client. Perhaps this is where all this confusion came in.

• As you can see in my bullet above,  there is no full desktop integration with Spark.

• You'll need the IMAP, SMTP and profile ID information from the Spark email service to configure this Plist setting appropriately as a custom Webmail client (not as sendMail email client).

Hopefully if you guys take the time to read you may find the solution. But better, yet, contact Spark tech support directly and see what the creator of this app have to say in reagrds to Acrobat.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 21, 2020 0