• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My desktop icons somehow has all been changed to pdf icon and I can't restore my computer to fix it. What do I need to do?

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2019 Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All my desk icons has somehow change to pdf icon and I can't use them.  I tried to restore my computer and it wouldn't let me.  Can anyone help me to fix this?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

Hi Jakrum,

Please try the troubleshooting steps provided here Application icons change to Acrobat or Reader icon on Windows

Check if that resolves the issue.

Let us know if the issue persists.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jakrum,

Please try the troubleshooting steps provided here Application icons change to Acrobat or Reader icon on Windows

Check if that resolves the issue.

Let us know if the issue persists.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue but I made the problem worse. I followed some guy on a Youtube its making the application set to default but I followed also whereas you will remove the desktop and all apps then I followed all he do etc. Then the last step is to get back the desktop and applications. I followed the last step then clicked ok but It runs the Adobe Reader always and couldn’t get back my desktop and also when I open regeditor it opens the Adobe Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2023 Jun 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Friends,

I faced this problem when my all Word Documents started showing PDF icons; it was even difficult to distinguish between Word and PDF Documents. I found a solution. Right-click the document wrongly showing PDF icon. >Go to properties > Change to word or Chrome. This works for all such documents. My all Word documents started showing Word icons.

Hope it works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines