• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My document is stuck in text mode and I can't change pages with the arrow keys.

Contributor ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason, there's a cursor blinking in the lines, and when I press the arrow keys to change pages, it just moves the cursor around the text. I can't rapidly change pages because of this, and I've tried selecting various tools and closing and opening the PDF, all to no avail.

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 24, 2019 Jan 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ethandale,

For some reason, there's a cursor blinking in the lines, and when I press the arrow keys to change pages, it just moves the cursor around the text.

This is a behavior when you are into the editing mode or selected any one of the tool (eg Add text). When do you exactly get the cursor over the line? Do you open PDF in normal view and get the cursor blinking?

If this happen to all the PDFs opens in Acrobat, then you may try the following-

• Reboot computer(make sure you have saved all the work before you reboot system) and open Acrobat.
  • Repair Acrobat installation, Open Acrobat>Help>Repair Installation

If possible, help us with the screenshot of the pdf opened in Acrobat-  https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-7043#jive_content_id_How_do_I_attach_a_screenshot 

Let us know if this doesn't make any difference.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2020 Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. I tried repair, uninstall and reinstall, still it's not fixed. If you want I can post a screenshot too.

Krishna...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Close/Exit the edit mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the problem. I could not close or exit the edit mode.

Krishna...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@AkanchaS I was trying to share a file on the Adobe App but now I am stuck in the app and it isn't letting me shut down my computer because I am stuck in it is there any way that you could help? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines