• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My printer is not printing mixed size pages.

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2018 Aug 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's printing either legal or letter.  I have a package that contains both letter and legal size pages and it's not detecting it correctly.  I have checked the "choose paper source by PDF page size"    I have Adobe Acrobate Reader DC.  Please help.  My printer is Brother HL-L5200DW with an extra tray.

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Typically, this is a driver issue.

Can you print multiple size documents from other applications, such a Word? If not, see if Brother has updated drivers for your printer.

- Dov

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS do you use? In most of cases like this, the printer driver does not react accordingly.

Could you publish the screenshot of your settings from the Acrobat print menu?

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you print multiple size documents from other applications, such a Word? If not, see if Brother has updated drivers for your printer.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has to be BR-Script3 Driver, not CUPS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, don't use the CUPS driver. Use the BR-Script 3. It worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue and it's not the drivers- I uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled them. I'm wondering if Adobe reader DC free version is not compatible with Windows 10? I have a Brother dual tray 5200 and it will print all to letter and not pull from tray 2 which is my legal size. And the box is checked for "print to pdf size". Do I need a different Adobe version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. I can only print legal or letter size but not both. I also have a package that contains both letter and legal size pages.  I have checked the "choose paper source by PDF page size"    I have Adobe Acrobat pro 2017.  I am able to print correctly (legal and letter size mixed)  in other applications like Microsoft Word but no in Acrobat. Please help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have a Brother 5200 series printer. For the past few weeks I can only print from tray 1. It is a duel tray as well my legal paper is in Tray 2. I have went trough all the settings on the computer and it sees both trays as tray 1 letter and tray 2 legal, there is also a mp tray as well that it sees as letter, I just dont know what that one is. So when I pint now I have to do it all form tray 1. However everytime I do print at the end or completion of each print there is alway one blank page the comes out from tray 2. How do I know this? It is because tray1 is letter and tray2 is legal, and at the end of all my letter prints a single legal page will come out as well. Viceversa if I put letter in tray2 as well. I have downloaded and unistalled drivers as well. I am on a widows machine so this should work no probelm, but its not. HELP!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this - it worked for me!!!

If you are having trouble printing your documents recently, and you know your Adobe settings are correct (Choose Paper Source BY PDF Page Size" and Actual Size), please follow the steps below (screenshot included for reference)

1. Launch Adobe
  2. Click on Edit (from Menu Bar)
  3. Click on Preferences
  4. Click on Security (Enhanced)
  5. Uncheck "Enable Protected Mode at startup (Preview)"
  6. Click Yes on the popup
  7. Click on OK
  8. Close Adobe and then Re-Launch Adobe

Hopefully that will fix any issues you might have experienced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did not help. I cannot print mixed paper sizes in any program, on windows with the 6400DW printer. I disabled protected mode, I also tried the new patch which is supposed to have fixed the issue. How do we get this fixed, or working?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't working for me, either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did not help. I cannot print mixed paper sizes in any program, on windows with the 6400DW printer. I disabled protected mode, I also tried the new patch which is supposed to have fixed the issue. How do we get this fixed, or working?

By @graham5C7A

Why do you expect to get a solution from Adobe when you can't print mixed paper size from any program. As the correct answer from @Dov Isaacs says: 

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, Principal Scientist, Adobe
contact your printer manufacturer's support and ask for the correct printer driver.  Sorry guys, even that Adobe products can do a lot, but they still don't do magic, even if sometimes it looks like...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a Macbook Pro using Big Sur ver 11.4. This did not work for me either. *sigh*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2021 Oct 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone who is using a Mac, and not able to get it to print correctly no matter what you do using Adobe DC etc. I had the same issue and almost went out and bought a PC before I remembered, Macs now have intel processors. Why is that important? Go download Windows 10 Home ISO. You can get it from Microsoft, it's completely legal. Then go online and look up how to setup  Bootcamp for Mac. It only takes 50 Gigs of space on your Mac, but you will be able to boot into Mac or PC. Then Download the Brothers drivers and install your printer on the Windows 10 Home and you are all set! I'm a Technical support engineer and almost sold my Mac until I thought of this. Pages print perfectly and only took an hour to configure. Also, you DO NOT have to activate the Windows 10 image. You will be pestered to activate it and limited on some areas of Windows but you CAN install Acrobat and the printer without issue. Hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@TotalFaith wrote:

I had the same issue and almost went out and bought a PC before I remembered, Macs now have intel processors.

This is probably no workable solution for Mac users and especially that Apple change the silicon again.

Again: This is a driver problem which is firmly related to the care printer manufacturers put into their drivers for the macOS environment. You should post all requests of this type to your printer manufacturer's pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines