• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Name displayed in comments in Acrobat DC

Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2017 Apr 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am making comments on a student paper submitted to me as a pdf. In the comment sidebar, my previous married surname is displayed, even though my Adobe Reader account page shows my correct and current name. I want the sidebar to reflect my current surname. Is this a problem coming from Adobe? Or is it because my computer, being a few years old, is registered to me under my previous name? Thanks!

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

The name that appears as the author of the comments has nothing to do with the Adobe account. It's an internal setting of the application.

First thing to do is look under Edit - Preferences - Commenting. Is the "Always use log-in name for author name" box ticked? If yes, then untick it.

Now, create a new comment, right-click it and select Properties. Go to the General tab and change the Author name.

Before clicking on OK make sure you tick the "Make Properties Default" box. Then click OK.

Any commen

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The name that appears as the author of the comments has nothing to do with the Adobe account. It's an internal setting of the application.

First thing to do is look under Edit - Preferences - Commenting. Is the "Always use log-in name for author name" box ticked? If yes, then untick it.

Now, create a new comment, right-click it and select Properties. Go to the General tab and change the Author name.

Before clicking on OK make sure you tick the "Make Properties Default" box. Then click OK.

Any comment you'll create after that will have this author name by default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I notice that multiple times the Forum's advice is to go to Edit > Preferences. There is no "preferences" under "edit." At least not on the free Reader application. You have to go to "preferences" first, THEN choose the CATEGORY you want to edit!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is, on Windows. If you're on a Mac it's under the Reader menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. It is exactly the way to solve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "make properties default" box doesn't exist for me! Any ideas why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually that didnt work. But I found a way to change it. When you make your fist comment right click on it. Click Properties and then General Type your name in and click OK. Then right click again and click on Make Current Propertied Default. Now my correct name comes up on all of my documents.  And it works on even new documents I open in the program. Problem solved 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2023 Jun 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2024 Feb 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, this works perfect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. It worked first time, 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines