Highlighted

Named Destinations Imported by AutoBookmark Look OK, Except Won't Work When Called From Javascript

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So they import ok, they look ok in the left pane, if I click on one it takes me to the destination, but when I call "gotoNamedDest" in a javascript from a button, it doesn't jump to that destination - in Acrobat DC it does nothing, in Foxit it takes me to the first page for every button.

But, if I delete that destination and replace it with one manually of exactly the same name, my jump button does work.

In both pdf readers, if I show the imported destinations down the left side and click on one it takes me to the intended page.

So summary, I can import named destinations, they work if I click on one in the destinations pane, but they don't work if called from javascript gotoNamedDest. 

If I delete a destination and recreate it manually with the identical name, my jump button works, but only for that manually created destination or any other manually created ones, never any imported ones.

So seems to be a problem with the import somewhere, but nothing I can see.

Have the latest version of  Acrobat DC and Foxit Phantom, both fully paid up.

I haven't included any code because it is a simple call to "gotNamedDest" that works if I make the named dest manually.

Am I missing something basic?

I would really like to get this to work and I will have many thousands of bookmarks so manual creation is not an option.

Thx

Frustrated
TOPICS
Create PDFs, Edit and convert PDFs, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Named Destinations Imported by AutoBookmark Look OK, Except Won't Work When Called From Javascript

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So they import ok, they look ok in the left pane, if I click on one it takes me to the destination, but when I call "gotoNamedDest" in a javascript from a button, it doesn't jump to that destination - in Acrobat DC it does nothing, in Foxit it takes me to the first page for every button.

But, if I delete that destination and replace it with one manually of exactly the same name, my jump button does work.

In both pdf readers, if I show the imported destinations down the left side and click on one it takes me to the intended page.

So summary, I can import named destinations, they work if I click on one in the destinations pane, but they don't work if called from javascript gotoNamedDest. 

If I delete a destination and recreate it manually with the identical name, my jump button works, but only for that manually created destination or any other manually created ones, never any imported ones.

So seems to be a problem with the import somewhere, but nothing I can see.

Have the latest version of  Acrobat DC and Foxit Phantom, both fully paid up.

I haven't included any code because it is a simple call to "gotNamedDest" that works if I make the named dest manually.

Am I missing something basic?

I would really like to get this to work and I will have many thousands of bookmarks so manual creation is not an option.

Thx

Frustrated
TOPICS
Create PDFs, Edit and convert PDFs, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 18, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's possible the AutoBookmark plugin is creating the Named Destinations incorrectly. Have you reported this issue to EverMap?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 18, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the best they can do is offer a refund.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 18, 2020 0