• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Names in Dynamic stamps change from one user to another

New Here ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 3 users in one company that all have Acrobat Standard DC.  When one edits the Identity to match their name for the Dynamic stamps, it changes it for the other users.  How can I get each of them to be able to use the stamps with only their respective names?

Thank you

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are they all using the same computer? How do you change the name on the dynamic stamp? In general, every user should have their own version of the stamp, so that changes to one copy will not affect any other user account. You can install stamps either in a system wide folder, or a user specific folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They all use separate PCs.  I go to Edit>Preferences>Identity and change the name there.  But as soon as I do it for one the others see that user's name in their stamps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the same account for all three users? Are your computers using a network drive as the user's home folder? In that case, this is not surprising. If you are using different accounts, then something weird is going on, and you would need to talk to your IT department about how the system is set up and why the information is "spilling" from one computer over to the others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I am experiencing the same problem.   I have 3 users, all have their own PC and I set them up with their own Adobe log-ins.  They each have their own licensed and installed software.  When one of them goes to use their dynamic approval stamp, it almost always has another user's information. 

What is going on?  My users are becoming upset with this issue.

I would apprecate any assistance or ideas on how to perminately set each with their own dynamic stamp.

Respectfully Submitted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no relation between the name in the Adobe account and the one displayed in the stamp. The script in the stamp uses the login name of the user on the machine, not the Adobe login name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like I have mentioned, each have their own PC and they each have a different user name and I had them each create Adobe log-ins.   When we change the dynamic stamp on user one's PC, then open Adobe on user two's PC, the stamp shows user's one's informaiton.   Then we change it to user two's information and go back to either user one or user three's PC it is now user two's information.

How can I force each Adobe installtion to use the specific user's information and not "share" it between PCs?

Thanks for your assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's very odd. Dynamic stamps (and stamps in general) can not change once applied. Are you sure it's a stamp and not something else? Can you share a sample file with us?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I figured it out!   When the software was installed on these 3 PCs, the technician used his own adobe account.   So all 3 of them are using the software with the same Adobe sign-in account.   Which makes sense why the names keep changing on all 3.   

I thought I had this issue resolved, because I signed out the technician's account and created accounts for each of our finance users.   But apparently every time they either reboot or log-off and back onto their PC, the Adobe opens with the technician's account.

I guess, I will need to uninstall the software and reinstall it using each user's adobe account; unless there is a registry entry or something that can override the initial account used?  If there is, please give me the steps to do so.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines