• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need a button that works on smartphone

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created a pdf that has a front summary page with links to various headings in the document. I've used the link tool for this and it works with a touch on a smart phone (iPhone).

Then I added a 'Back to page 1' button to each page BUT it didn't work on the smart phone because the button is expecting a mouse not a finger.

So, I put in text saying 'Back to page 1' and surrounded it with a link to go back to page 1. This worked. I tried a text box but it didn't work. That is, the area where the text box was seemed to block out the link.

Now I want to copy the link AND my text to every page. I have copied the link but I can't seem to copy the text. I select it and Ctrl-C. But Ctrl-V only pastes the link box, not the text. This is such a pain!

Any ideas on how to do this more easily?

My customer doesn't want to use bookmarks.

Thanks

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , How to , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, did you try add javascript to button?

like this: this.pageNum = 0;

It works for me on android phone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What app are you using on the phone to open the file with?

What exact command did you attach to the button?

Using a separate text field and a link one on top of another is not a good idea. I would add the text as static text and then place a transparent link on top of it, if that's the only thing that works, but in theory a button and a link should work in the same exact way...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines