Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need clarity on Destination option under Acrobat Pro DC

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2020 Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a Use Case wherein I am maintaining the User Manual in Word document, wherein there are different sections in the word file representing the usage of different panels of our application. We are converting word files into PDF and then publishing it to our customers.

Now, what we want is instead of publishing a soft copy of PDF, we want to integrate our PDF file to our application so that when a User is on a particular panel, then he/she can click on the Help option which will open up the targetted destination within that PDF file. As such, we are using the "Destination" function offered in Acrobat Pro DC, and our DotNet application code binds the "Destination" of the PDF file to navigate to a specific location in the PDF file.

The main pain area is, every time we make changes in word file and convert it into PDF, then our set "Destinations" in PDF file are lost (obviously because it is a new PDF generated). Is there any way we can retain the set "Destinations" in PDF? Or is there any other way to handle my Use Case?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 10, 2020 Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is not my area but based on other topics that I've read before I am wondering if (maybe... just maybe)  VBA scripting is necessary.

I would say to reach out to ACP Thom Parker: https://community.adobe.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/8591535

I refer to him as the  "Jedi Master" he is known for developing very complex scripts similar to what you're asking; he also has some of the finest Acrobat JavaScript tutorials that you can find  here in the support forums. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines