Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need Form Field to hide but show text input

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello community! 

Thwre is probably an easy solution for this but I'm stumped. So I'm turning to you all. 

I have a client that wants to take a design I created and turn into a template that she can email to every center location. Each location will then fill in the parts to make it tailored to their center. Like entering their website, email address, and phone number. I created it exactly how she wanted with the areas to enter in the information as a form field. So far no problem.

The thing is, she now wants it to not look like it was a fillable form field after they input their text information. She says they might want to email it to their clients and customers after they insert their information and it doesn't look professional if the areas they filled out look like they filled it out.

So my question is how do you get the forms fields to disabled after they input their information while leaving their information still visible?

Appreciate any advice or "input" (hahaha pun) you all might have! 

Thanks!

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chadh

We are sorry for the trouble. As described you want to hide the form fields but keep the text visible.

This option is not yet available in Adobe Acrobat DC, if we hide a form field the text within it will also be hidden.

It may be possible using the Javascript. For more information please look at the help page https://acrobatusers.com/tutorials/print/show_hide_fields/ and see if that works for you.

Hope this information will help

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set the form fields as read-only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remember to also set the fields' default values to the desired text, otherwise it will most likely disappear if the form is reset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can use script to make border and fill color transparent after text is input, that will leave only text visible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines