• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need to convert Acrobat Professional product code to serial number

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a copy of Adobe Acrobat that was purchased from a university bookstore, and identit-e.com is unable to locate the product code.

This is a CD version of the software.

I have contacted Adobe support and spoken to Yebika at 800-442-8158 who told me to post on the community forum here because the telephone support representatives no longer have access to the old CD-based database of product codes. She said that I should post here in order to have the product code converted since the forum help staff does have access to that older database.

I do not have an order number as there was a physical receipt. I do have the box and cds with me.

Please do not send me back to the customer care team at Adobe as they already told me repeatedly that they do not have access to the old Adobe database with Product Code->Serial number conversions.

I should note that in the event Adobe has decided to invalidate all CD-based copies of its software, this is clear violation of the terms of service of its perpetual licensed products. If that is, in fact, the case I will be contacting the FTC to report the violation.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Yebika in Adobe Customer Support is dead wrong. She should never have sent you here. Call back and ask for a supervisor and keep on escalating until you reach someone who knows how to get the information you need.

Adobe has not invalidated all CD-based copies of its software; who told you that?

BTW, what actual version of the software do you have? Boxed versions of Adobe software came with either a serial number or a redemption code.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We certainly can't help you with this issue. Only Adobe can.

Contact them again and demand a resolution, or a refund.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response. When you say "we", do you mean everyone is unable to help including the Adobe help staff?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I reread my response, I realize it isn't clear. What I mean is: do you think the Adobe help staff assigned to these forums can help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe they can, but this forum is mostly non-Adobe Staff and the Adobe Employees who do post here don't usually deal with such issues directly. This is really something that the customer service needs to solve (or if they can't solve it, let you know that it's not possible). The fact they directed you here instead of dealing with this issue themselves is a travesty by itself, although not the first time we've seen it happen, unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yebika in Adobe Customer Support is dead wrong. She should never have sent you here. Call back and ask for a supervisor and keep on escalating until you reach someone who knows how to get the information you need.

Adobe has not invalidated all CD-based copies of its software; who told you that?

BTW, what actual version of the software do you have? Boxed versions of Adobe software came with either a serial number or a redemption code.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dov, thank you for the reply.

>Yebika in Adobe Customer Support is dead wrong. She should never have sent you here. Call back and ask for a supervisor and keep on escalating

> until you reach someone who knows how to get the information you need.

OK, I'll call them back and ask for a supervisor.

> Adobe has not invalidated all CD-based copies of its software; who told you that?

I was not explicitly told this. I was told that the customer support no longer has access to the database of product code->serial number conversions for all CD-based versions of Adobe Acrobat Professional.

> BTW, what actual version of the software do you have?

Version 11

> Boxed versions of Adobe software came with either a serial number or a redemption code.

It came with a product code, not a serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It may be that the “university bookstore” that sold you the box of Acrobat 11 was supposed to also supply you with a redemption code. If that was the case, there really isn't much that Adobe can do for you. What is typically called a “product code” is the SKU for the product; all boxed copies of Acrobat 11 (possibly the academic version?) would have had the same “product code” if we are talking the same thing.

Note though, that Acrobat 11 hasn't been licensed by Adobe in over 6 years now and has been out of support for at least three or four years. Did you ever install this software? Or did you just discover that you had this and decided to try installing it now?  ☹

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines