• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need to edit or update a PDF? We’re here to help!

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 23, 2019 Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need to make updates to a file, but can’t find the original? You can edit paper or PDF documents with Acrobat DC.

Learn how quick and easy it is to Edit text and images in PDF documents with Adobe Acrobat DC on your machine. You can also edit PDF files on iOS and Android tablets with an Acrobat Pro DC subscription. Don't have it? Get one here.

• Open a PDF in Acrobat, and then choose Tools > Edit PDF > Edit.

clipboard_image_0.png

• You edit a PDF one page at a time. For more extensive editing or to make global formatting changes across the entire document, edit the original document. If the original isn’t available, you can save the PDF as a Microsoft Word document or PowerPoint presentation. Then edit and re-create the PDF.

If you are just beginning with Acrobat, use our Video tutorial.

If you are already using Acrobat, here are a few more amazing tips to use Edit tool to make changes in PDF document:

clipboard_image_5.png

clipboard_image_6.pngclipboard_image_8.png

clipboard_image_3.png

Still can’t edit? This may mean either Acrobat DC is not installed, or it is not set as a default PDF program or may be specific to your file. You may also visit FAQ about PDF forms.

Tell us if this helped you to use Acrobat better. Join the conversation here. We are listening!

To discover a host of other great features –

Go straight to: Format text in a PDF | Add new text to a PDF | Move, rotate, or resize a text box | Add headers, footers, and Bates numbering to PDFs

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , How to , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2019 Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know an easy way to mass change an unembedded font to an embedded font?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 11, 2019 Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Write a batch script or an Acrobat Action Wizard that uses the Embed Fonts utility in the Preflight and Standards tools.

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 13, 2020 Mar 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to edit a PDF with Acrobat amd am doing exactly what all instructions tell me to do. However, whatever I type in does not display. These are forms I previously was able to edit, al of a sudden a few weeks ago I could nolonger edit. CHAT was no help yet all documentation tells me I should be able to continue doing what I have always done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

But...."editing" a PDF will destroy all 508-compliant TAGs. This didn't used to happen. 

Saw on another post that an Adobe Employee's answer to the problem was to "change your workflow" and make sure the source doucment is correct. Seriously? Why even have the EDIT function inside Acrobat if it destroys 508-compliant TAGs?!?

Adobe should FIX.

Mary Helen Shuff | Art Director & Senior Graphic Designer | 508-Compliancy Coordinator | Forms Coordinator | Printing Liaison

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines