Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need to reset activation count for Adobe Pro XI

Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work in IT for a small non-profit.

We have several Adobe Pro licenses for certain users but our hardware is old discarded junk so they move from machine to machine a lot over the years.

One of our licenses is out of activations and the old machines are dead and gone so I can't go back and deactivate them.

I called support and they reused to reset the activation count and instead directed me to the Community here even though I had already checked and the consensus seems to be there's nothing anyone here can do.

So I'm posting here even though I suspect I'll be having to call again and pray I get someone more helpful next time. Who knows? Maybe I'll get lucky....

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Only Adobe can help. Call again and if they refuse to help ask for a supervisor.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

You need to say "Reset activation count" in your very first sentence. If they learn first that you are using museum software they will not hesitate to send you here. This is a convenient lie to get rid of customers with unsupported apps, because they know we can't do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only Adobe can help. Call again and if they refuse to help ask for a supervisor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to say "Reset activation count" in your very first sentence. If they learn first that you are using museum software they will not hesitate to send you here. This is a convenient lie to get rid of customers with unsupported apps, because they know we can't do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! That did the trick. I didn't just say it in my frist sentnce. I worked it into every sentence. lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing your success. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All I have the same issue but since am based overseas they redirected me to here and unwilling to assist. can anyone from here assist please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We can't help with this issue. Contact them again and demand they do an "Activation count reset", or you won't be able to use your product. Your location doesn't really matter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Be very sure to follow the directions here. For example you must not start "I have a problem with my Acrobat XI" because they will cut you off. Your country should not matter, but you need to find the support service FOR your country. You cannot call a phone number in a different country because you prefer that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines