Highlighted

New Acrobat DC user. How do I change the identity shown in comment boxes when editing.

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just got Acrobat Pro DC after years of using Acrobat 9.
How do I change my identity (as it appears in commenting boxes), from Owner to Editor?

That's not enough. There are two steps:

1. Go to Edit > Preferences > Commenting

Under "Making Comments" you must uncheck the box that says "Always use Log-in name for Author name."

2. Now enter a Comment on any pdf file (it will still have the unwanted identity), then Right-click on the title bar of the comment where the identity is. Then, from the right-click menu, choose Properties > General > Author.

Change the "Author" to the identity/label you want, then check the box: "Make Properties Default."

The identity will now permanently change to the desired identity.

TOPICS
Comment review and collaborate PDF, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

New Acrobat DC user. How do I change the identity shown in comment boxes when editing.

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just got Acrobat Pro DC after years of using Acrobat 9.
How do I change my identity (as it appears in commenting boxes), from Owner to Editor?

Under "Making Comments" you must uncheck the box that says "Always use Log-in name for Author name."

2. Now enter a Comment on any pdf file (it will still have the unwanted identity), then Right-click on the title bar of the comment where the identity is. Then, from the right-click menu, choose Properties > General > Author.

Change the "Author" to the identity/label you want, then check the box: "Make Properties Default."

TOPICS
Comment review and collaborate PDF, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 19, 2017 2
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the preferences of Acrobat.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 19, 2017 0
New Here ,
Dec 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 25, 2017 6
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Removed by author.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 26, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMIGOD thank you so much. "That's not enough" is such an understatement for this issue! Thanks for taking the time and sharing the full steps :sparkles::sparkles::sparkles::trophy::trophy::trophy:

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 05, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great! This was driving me crazy. Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 29, 2020 0