Highlighted

New blank PDF: New text box: Will not take text unless repeatedly give the field focus with mouse.

Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the subject suggests, when I create a brand new, blank PDF in Acrobat Pro DC and try to add some text, I can type one character. Unless I then give the text field the focus again by taking my mouse/curser and clicking in the field it won't insert anything I type with my keyboard. This also happens when I create a PDF from any source so it's not just limited to a new blank PDF. 

This sounds crazy, I know. I have a hard time imagining how a piece of software nowadays could have this problem but *shrug*, what do I know? All I do know is that I really need this to work because I use it for work. 

Just so we're clear I have no issues inputting text with any other software. Also, when I type my one character I can see the application window loose focus: The text at the header of the Adobe Acrobat window gets grayed out. Then when I click on the window again it becomes white again. So the application really seems to be loosing the focus somehow. Hopefully there are some users in here that know what I mean by "focus".  

Thank you for any help you can offer!

TOPICS
Create PDFs, Edit and convert PDFs, General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

New blank PDF: New text box: Will not take text unless repeatedly give the field focus with mouse.

Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the subject suggests, when I create a brand new, blank PDF in Acrobat Pro DC and try to add some text, I can type one character. Unless I then give the text field the focus again by taking my mouse/curser and clicking in the field it won't insert anything I type with my keyboard. This also happens when I create a PDF from any source so it's not just limited to a new blank PDF. 

This sounds crazy, I know. I have a hard time imagining how a piece of software nowadays could have this problem but *shrug*, what do I know? All I do know is that I really need this to work because I use it for work. 

Just so we're clear I have no issues inputting text with any other software. Also, when I type my one character I can see the application window loose focus: The text at the header of the Adobe Acrobat window gets grayed out. Then when I click on the window again it becomes white again. So the application really seems to be loosing the focus somehow. Hopefully there are some users in here that know what I mean by "focus".  

Thank you for any help you can offer!

TOPICS
Create PDFs, Edit and convert PDFs, General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 17, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Carefully check all field's properties, especially the "Option" tab.

2. Can you share one of these files?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 18, 2020 0
try67 LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exact tool are you using to add the text? You said "text box" but that can mean at least three different things (a text field, a text comment, static text contents)...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 18, 2020 0