Highlighted

New to Adobe forms . I need a matrix field type...or at least I think I do

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

I am trying to emulate a medical history form with 30-40 disease names and each needs a "Year" field and a Checkbox. I am new to Adobe and to Forms and it would be quite time consuming to create check boxes and text field for the disease and another text field for the Year if they check the disease. Is this something that simply does not lend itself to online forms?

Thanks for your help.

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

New to Adobe forms . I need a matrix field type...or at least I think I do

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

I am trying to emulate a medical history form with 30-40 disease names and each needs a "Year" field and a Checkbox. I am new to Adobe and to Forms and it would be quite time consuming to create check boxes and text field for the disease and another text field for the Year if they check the disease. Is this something that simply does not lend itself to online forms?

Thanks for your help.

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 07, 2020 0
try67 LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, PDF forms are NOT online forms. They are the exact opposite, in fact.

You can certainly create such a "matrix" of fields in a PDF file, but you should do it in advance. You can't create them "on the fly", as it were, as PDF files are not dynamic in that way. If you don't want to show all of them you can hide them, but that will mean you'll have a big white space in the middle of the page until you display them.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2020 0