• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Newly-created PDFs don't open on saving

New Here ,
Oct 13, 2016 Oct 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what setting I've changed but when I create a PDF file from another program (eg. web browser, Word) the file is properly created and saved to the location I set but the PDF doesn't open.  I need it to open upon saving. 

It always worked this way in previous versions, although I don't remember any settings for it.  I've been using Acrobat DC Pro on a Windows 10 machine for about a week and it's suddenly stopped.

Would appreciate any suggestions.  Thanks.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 20, 2016 Oct 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi malcolmf19952556

Are you referring to open PDF automatically in Adobe Acrobat Pro just after you save other format file to PDF?

If yes, please go to Acrobat ribbon and select "Preferences" check if box for "View Adobe PDF result" is marked.

Let us know if this helps.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2016 Oct 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that is what I meant.

However, I cannot find a box for "View Adobe PDF result".  I've checked every category under Preferences in Acrobat DC.

In any case, I've fixed the problem by doing a thorough uninstall and reinstall.  It appears that the Print to PDF option had become corrupted by a previous installation.  Everything is now working perfectly.

Thank you for your assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 21, 2016 Oct 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are working with ms word than you have check the option "View Result" while you are creating PDF. See the image

20.gif

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines