• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Newly installed Acrobat Pro on Mac instantly crashes

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just purchased and downloaded Adobe Acrobat XI Pro, version 11.0.0, to run on an Macbook (OSx El Capitan 10.11.6).

As soon as I open a PDF, the Adobe Acrobat XI Pro program runs for a few seconds but then instantly crashes.

I've tried deleting and reinstalling, but the same thing happens every time.

Any advice? Thank you.

(Please note I am not able to update my OS as our company wants us to stick with El Capitan).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bhafc

We are sorry for the troouble. As described the Acrobat XI pro is crashing after opening.

As we can see you are using quite an old version 11.0.0 of Adobe Acrobat XI Pro. Moreover, Adobe Acrobat XI Pro is itself is an old and EOL application. The last update was released on 14th Nov 2017 version 11.0.23. Please try to update the application from the help menu > check for updates and see if that works for you.

You may also try to download the patch using the link Overview — Release Notes for Legacy Acrobat Products

You may also try to turn off the protected mode for testing. Go to Adobe Acrobat XI Pro  > Preferences > Enhanced Security > Turn Off the Protected Mode > Uncheck the Enhanced Security > Click OK
Note: Please trun on the security after testing.

For more information, please refer  to the help article End of support for Adobe Acrobat XI and Reader XI

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"I've just purchased and downloaded Adobe Acrobat XI Pro"

Adobe has not sold Acrobat XI for more than three years. I may have bad news for you:

https://prodesigntools.com/dont-buy-adobe-software-on-ebay-craigslist-or-amazon-marketplace.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines