Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No Acrobat Plugin Listed In Firefox

Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just uninstalled, deleted all folders, reg keys, etc, rebooted and reinstalled Adobe Acrobat DC and still can't get the Firefox plugin to work. The files get copied to the Firefox plugins folder, but the plugin does not show up in Firefox. This has been happening since v54 and I'm now up to v57. I'm using Windows 8.1 Pro.

How can I get Firefox to recognize the plugin?

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Dneedemyer,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, as per the description above, the Adobe Acrobat plugin is not working in Firefox, Is that correct?

The Extension will be automatically updated when you update Acrobat DC to the latest release. However, you will need to do the following steps to enable the extension in the Firefox browser and you can choose not to enable the extension if you so desire:

1. Click the menu button (button is marked with 3 horizontal lines) in the top-right corner.
  2. Choose Add-ons and the Add-ons Manager tab will open.
  3. In the Add-ons Manager tab, select the Extensions panel.
  4. Select the Adobe Acrobat add-on you wish to enable.
  5. Click the Enable button.
  6. Click Restart now if it pops up.

Note: Please use the Acrobat Cleaner tool to remove the Acrobat, restart the computer and install the Acrobat.

Acrobat Cleaner tool: Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs  Link: http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html

Acrobat 2017: Download Acrobat DC Continuous  Link: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-continuous-downloads.html

Hope this helps, and let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anand Sri,

I have the extension enabled, but still can't get PDF files to open in Firefox. It opens Acrobat DC everytime.

I'm referring to this document, which I found on the Internet tab in the Acrobat DC settings.

Display PDF in browser Adobe Acrobat, Acrobat Reader

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well that explains why Acrobat doesn't work in Firefox. I really starting to hate all these browsers for dropping NPAPI support without providing a compatible and immediate solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Daniel,

If you are not able to view the PDF files in Firefox, please refer and try the troubleshooting steps from the following KB doc Troubleshoot viewing PDF files on the web Link: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/cant-view-pdf-web.html

Hope this helps, and let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 27, 2018 Feb 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How did you do that?

It's really annoying, that this unwanted/unallowed addon keeps itself installing over and over again in Firefox!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines