• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

'no colour' option not available when in properties with check, text boxes etc. Mac

Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been preparing forms and creating text boxes, check boxes etc for some time now.

Recently, I am unsure if was a recent update or because I have updated to highSierra on my mac, there is no longer a 'no colour' option available when trying to make these boxes transparent.

I have had to move my file to a PC and do it on a previous version of Acrobat Pro.

I have deleted my plist files to see if that worked (thanks Adobe support) but still no love.

Yes I have also turned my computer on and off again.

I am also running, InDesign, Illustrator and Muse on my mac.

Screen Shot 2017-09-28 at 10.45.38 am.png

Anyone else come across this?

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

For everyone still struggling with this issue, I've developed a simple utility that allows you to set a field's fill/border color as transparent, even when this option is not available in the color selection dialog in Acrobat. It can be downloaded for FREE here: Custom-made Adobe Scripts: Acrobat -- Set Field As Transparent (FREE)

A more advanced version of this tool, which allows multiple fields selection as well as editing many other properties, can be found here: Custom-made Adobe Scripts: Acrobat -- Mass Edit Fields Properties

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2017 Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are hundreds of people on forums, Twitter, Facebook, etc. that warns users against hasty upgrades.

They are dozens of people on forums, Twitter, Facebook, etc. that warns InDesign users against High Sierra upgrade.

It looks like we should warns Acrobat users too…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2017 Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Checked compatibility before upgrading....

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under Properties > Appearance I use none (red slash) for Border and Fill Color. I'm on a Mac. Would this work for you?

Screen Shot 2017-10-04 at 10.24.27 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2017-10-05 at 9.13.54 am.png

As you can see after going into properties and appearance, there is no option for no colour available anymore.

Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It can always be done using a script...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, you aren't losing your mind...

Mac OS 10.12.6 (Sierra)

Acrobat Pro DCss_002.pngAcrobat Pro DCss_001.png'

So I'd say your options are to roll back to Sierra or report it as a bug and wait.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac (727 ideas) – Share your feedback on Acrobat DC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for confirming that I am not going mad!

Now I just have to find out how to report a bug.

Yay! I'm not crazy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its definitely A high Sierra thing as I am running exactly the same version as you are.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I gave you the bug link above but here it is again:

Acrobat for Windows and Mac (727 ideas) – Share your feedback on Acrobat DC

And so glad you have a sense of humor. I was worried that my comment would upset you, as you are already concerned about the missing command.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Barb,

I have the same as you, same Acrobat version but have NOT upgraded to Sierra.

Screen Shot 2017-10-05 at 10.20.43 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-10-05 at 10.18.01 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And the checkbox for Transparency is there at the bottom of your screen shot, as expected.

Now if you are wondering why you aren't getting a color, it's because it is checked. You have to uncheck it to assign a color.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I want it transparent. I was only showing this so one could see the Transparent option is still there with the most recent Acrobat version but without the upgrade to Sierra. I'm still on Yosemite and still have the Transparent check box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, sorry. according to the original poster Wood Darrin, It appears to be gone after the High Sierra upgrade. I can't confirm that because I'm waiting for the various issues to be resolved before I make the leap.

There are two similarly-named OS upgrades: Sierra and High Sierra. If you go back and re-read the thread, it appears as though the check box is gone with High Sierra. It's still there on Sierra. We are all three using the same version of Acrobat Pro DC.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All good!

I just was wondering what had happened,

Bug reported. Now we wait

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remember, we had exactly the same bug when Acrobat X for MacOS came out.
But today it seems that it is an Apple bug and not an Adobe bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still have transparency options on other non Adobe programs, just not Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW, High Sierra got its first upgrade today. You can get it from the App Store. Let us know if it makes a difference.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ran the update.

Still no love.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just letting you know, still no love after the latest High Sierra (10.13.1) update as well.....

They don't want me to be transparent!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For everyone still struggling with this issue, I've developed a simple utility that allows you to set a field's fill/border color as transparent, even when this option is not available in the color selection dialog in Acrobat. It can be downloaded for FREE here: Custom-made Adobe Scripts: Acrobat -- Set Field As Transparent (FREE)

A more advanced version of this tool, which allows multiple fields selection as well as editing many other properties, can be found here: Custom-made Adobe Scripts: Acrobat -- Mass Edit Fields Properties

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is aware of the issue and working on it.

You may refer to Acrobat and macOS 10.13 High Sierra compatibility

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 01, 2018 Apr 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As many have discovered, this bug manifests in many parts of Acrobat. Someone has, very helpfully, posted a fix for all of them at the topic How to draw shape in 'Comments' with no fill

Seems the Properties Toolbar (buried in true Acrobat form) still has the abilities that have been lost in the more direct tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

Came across this problem recently but managed to copy a transparent button from an older PDF which keeps the transparency in the DC. This PDF https://drive.google.com/open?id=185__xi4BiZmtJX_zmNmgNeZtoT27kRez has a transparent button, just copy and paste into your PDFs.

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines