• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No default mail client

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if this happened after a recent update, but until just 2-3 days ago, I used to be able to click File --> Share File --> Attach to email to automatically attach a PDF to an MS Outlook 2013 email. But now I'm getting a message that says:

"Either there is no default mail client, or the default mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Outlook and set it as the default mail client."

Outlook 2013 is definitely set as my default client. I'm using Acrobat Reader DC Version 2020, Outlook 2013 and Windows 10 Home. 

Any help would be appreciated -- thanks!

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gelfling

We are sorry for the trouble. As described you are not able to send the PDF as an email attachment

Could you please check whether Outlook is set as the default email application or not.
To check :
1) Launch Acrobat.
2) Go to Edit -> Preferences -> Email Accounts
3) Check if Outlook is set as the default email application or not.

If it is and still gives the same error, you can try removing the default email application and then add the outlook as default email application again and check.

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

Thank you for your reply. I did already try those things. I also went into
windows to double-check that outlook is my default email client, and I
tried uninstalling Acrobat and then reinstalling.

Any other direction/suggestion you might have would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Matthew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue, did you find anything that worked for you?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Amal,

I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any other thoughts or suggestions on this problem. 

Thanks!

Matthew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

we are sorry for the trouble. Please try to create a new test user profile in Windows with full admin rights and try using the application there and check.

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Adobe 2015. I ran a windows update. I open a file in Adobe and try to click on the email icon to send to my email and I get this message no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft outlook and set it as the default mail client.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that. Please try the steps provided in the correct answer marked in a similar discussion https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader/email-button-doesn-t-work/td-p/9420395?page=1 and see if that helps.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines