Highlighted

No graphics appear in PDF documents

New Here ,
Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Acrobat Reader on my Dell laptop. System is Windows 8.1. I recently have encountered problems opening larger PDF files with a significant number of graphs and / or images. Text seems to appear fine, but no graphics. In two cases these are product owner's manuals, and in another it is a class tutorial booklet for tax preparation. I have not yet tried uninstalling and reinstalling Reader. Thanks. Rex

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

No graphics appear in PDF documents

New Here ,
Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Acrobat Reader on my Dell laptop. System is Windows 8.1. I recently have encountered problems opening larger PDF files with a significant number of graphs and / or images. Text seems to appear fine, but no graphics. In two cases these are product owner's manuals, and in another it is a class tutorial booklet for tax preparation. I have not yet tried uninstalling and reinstalling Reader. Thanks. Rex

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 22, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Edit - Preferences - Page Display and tick "Show large images".

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 22, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion. Sorry for the delayed reply. When I try to open the .pdf file, all I get is a blank page, but there are no menu options to select from. When I try to simply open Reader, it always takes me to the last document I tried to open and thus the same problem with having only a blank page. Should I try reinstalling Reader?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 05, 2020 0
try67 LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's very odd. Yes, I would recommend you reinstall Reader, and maybe even run this tool:

https://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 06, 2020 0