Highlighted

No longer able to make PDF that I can send out for signitures

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using current Windows version, when I click on 'Fill & Sign' I get a little toolbar at the top and no longer have the options of assigng people to sign and where to put their signitures.
Please fix!
Thanks

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

No longer able to make PDF that I can send out for signitures

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using current Windows version, when I click on 'Fill & Sign' I get a little toolbar at the top and no longer have the options of assigng people to sign and where to put their signitures.
Please fix!
Thanks

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 01, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would help if you can provide detailed information about the actual  version and MS Windows build together with the Acrobat Pro version and its current version update.

I may be wrong but I think you're referring to Adobe Sign, not Fill & Sign.

Adobe Sign is now featured as an independent tool (even though it still integrated  with the send for signatures process of the  Fill & Sign tool).

If you go to "Tools" --->>> "Forms and Signatures" section --->>>  look for the "Request Signatures" tool.

If you've applied the last optional update of 24 September to your Acrobat Pro DC, you'll notice that this tool  has a blue tooltip banner labeled as "Featured". Click on it to open this tool and you'll be able to assign the desired signing and data blocks for your intended recipients.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. It is Acrobat Pro DC v 2020.012.20048 and Windows 10 Pro v 1909 build 18363.1082.
Yes, 'Fill & Sign'. We used to be able to click this and I could add names and emails of who I wanted to sign and where to put their signitures on our form. I don't see "Request Signatures" here...

DC Pro.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2020 0
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That doesn;t seem right if you're on the latest version update of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.

See if clicking on HELP---> "Repair Installation" corrects this.

See my slides:

request for signatures 2.png

request for signatures1.png

NOTE: Make sure you restart your computer after reparing the installation and be connected to the internet.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. I did a repair install and a restart and still not there.
See attached....

DC Pro-2.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2020 0
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that the old preferences weren't cleared appropriately. 

Backup your documents, uninstall your current installation  and use the Adobe Acrobat Cleanup & Repait tool. This will remove old traces of the prior installation (if any).

You can get it from here: https://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html

After this is done, proceed to reinstall the program. Which you can download directly from :

•  https://account.adobe.com/plans ---> click on "Manage Plans" and scroll down to the "Desktop Apps" section on that page. There is a download button link.

I prefer this method instead of using the Adobe CC Desktop app. In fact I don't use the Adobe CC Desktop app, I found it to be inconsistent and troublesome when it comes to maintaining Adobe Acrobat Pro DC ... but that is my own opinion, not necessarily a fact.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried this as well and no go. I am thinking thart this all to do with the new Adobe Sign app and we may NOT have access to it due to licesning. As Adobe Sign IS an extra charge now. If this is indeed true I am pretty disappointed in Adobe.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2020 0
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I see. . 

It almost looks like it was disabled via customization (maybe I am wrong). I assume your last stop should be to contact Adobe Customer Care direclty so they can clarify what exactly is the plan that you have based on the licensing type.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2020 1
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your time 😉

Sean

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2020 0