• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No option to stay signed it - Having to put my email and password in everytime I open a PDF

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I need help regarding my Adobe log in. 

When I open a new PDF from "My Documents" Adobe opens the PDF then immediately a "Log in" window appears requesting my email and password; there is not an option to stay signed in.

If I leave this PDF open and click to open a 2nd PDF it does not request my log in details. However, if I close these 2 PDFs and open a third; yet again, it requests my log in details. I am able to either input my details or press the "X" in the top right hand corner and this will remove the "Log in" window screen, but it is becoming increasingly frustrating as this problem only occurs on one of the computers in my office. All other computers that I work on, I can open any PDF from "My Documents" without Adobe requesting my log in details over and over again. 

Please advise how I stay logged in the Adobe on this computer?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Hi Sharynj

We are sorry for the trouble. As described the application is asking for the login information everytime you open the PDF file?

Would you mind sharing if you have Adobe Acrobat Reader DC or Adobe Acrobat DC and what is the version of the application? To check the version go to Help > About Adobe Acrobat and make sure you have the latest version 20.12.20043 installed from the help menu > check for updates.

Also, please try the steps provided in the similar discussion https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader/repeated-requests-to-sign-in/td-p/9287113?page=1

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sharynj

We are sorry for the trouble. As described the application is asking for the login information everytime you open the PDF file?

Would you mind sharing if you have Adobe Acrobat Reader DC or Adobe Acrobat DC and what is the version of the application? To check the version go to Help > About Adobe Acrobat and make sure you have the latest version 20.12.20043 installed from the help menu > check for updates.

Also, please try the steps provided in the similar discussion https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader/repeated-requests-to-sign-in/td-p/9287113?page=1  and see if that works for you.

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that is correct.  

I have Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (20.012.20043) - There are no updates available. 

PERFECT the link to the similar problem solved my issue! Thank you very much! **SOLVED: Untick compatibility mode in the properties of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC and this fixes the issue**

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are glad to hear that the issue got fixed.

Feel free to contact us for any assitance required in the future.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have followed these discussions and continue to have the same problem as many have reported.  Every time I open Adobe Acrobat Pro DC I have to sign in to my Adobe account.  There is no check box to say signed in on the sign in page.  I have made sure the run the program with the compatability mode unchecked in properties.  I have checked for updates for the latest version and I am uptodate.  2021.001.20145   Now what do you suggest?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines