• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No PDF file created because AA encountered an unidentified error

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just recently not able to combine files into one - get this error everytime. Files are stored on a shared network drive, but read that need to be stored on local drive so I tried using files on my C: drive - same error. So tried files stored in the Cloud - same error. What can I do to fix this???

Kristin5E60_0-1616527991866.png

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this happen with all files, or just a subset from the same source? You can test this by e.g. creating two files within Adobe Acrobat (use any of the File>Create options) and then trying to combine them. If you get the same error I would try to repair Acrobat (there is a repair option in Acrobat's Help menu on Windows), or to reinstall, potentially after using the Adobe Cleaner: http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for resonding.

Ok, so what I have been doing with no issue for the past year - I have 3 .jpg's saved and I want all 3 images combined in to one PDF. Until recently no problems. I have already done the repair option twice. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible that one or more of the JPEG files are corrupt? If a simple repair does not work and it's not an issue with the files, use the Adobe Cleaner. This requires that you have the installation medium to re-install Acrobat, and access to the license information. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried with about 50 different pictures so unlikely they are all corrupt. I just did the cleaner, reinstalled DC, and tried again and I got the same error. Like I said this has not been an issue in the past year and just started a few weeks ago. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Acrobat are you running? You said this happens both with files on the server and the local disk, is this correct? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, happens with files saved on server, local disk and One Drive. I did the Cleaner and reinstalled today so I would think it is up to date.

kristinrw23_0-1616534983761.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update - in one of the threads here I found:

More information about this release is here:https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/continuous/dccontinuousoct2019qfe3...

I did this and my issue was fixed. Thank you, Karl for your input. I appreciate your time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I lied. It worked the first time I tried after I restarted my computer and now I get the same error. Adobe supposedly reached out privately but I was hesitant as the email address was Outlook and then they asked for my password. The solution they provided was to pay $399.00 for the 2017 version with lifetime support. It all seemed a bit fishy. Why would I want a previous version. Shouldn't the version I have been using for a year now - successfully - continue to work?? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe did not reach out to you! There are people out there, trying to take advantage of you and others posting questions here. Anytime somebody from Adobe emails you, you will see the "@adobe.coom" in the email address. I assume they are sitting on a pile of Acrobat 2017, and they are trying to find people who would fall for that. 

This is very odd - especially that it worked once after installing the update.  Unless it's a bug in Acrobat (which should have been fixed by updating to the lastest version), I would think that the steps you've performed should have fixed this. If the configuration got somehow messed up, then a reinstallation after running the Cleaner should have given you a clean system. 

Here is what I would try next: Open a PDF file and then try to drop one of the JPEG files into the "Pages" navigation panel. That should add a page with that image to the PDF file. Does that work? If it does, we know that Acrobat can read JPEG files. If it does not work, I would try the same with a PNG file (if you need one to play with, you can find them all over the internet, if you don't trust these, I can send you one, just send me a private message with your email address). The big question is why is Acrobat not able to combine your files. 

One other idea I had is that the filenames may cause problems. I would try to rename the files test1.jpg test2.jpg and test3.jpg and put them into the root folder of your C: drive (this may require admin access) to rule out any issues with folder names. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I ceased all communication the minute they asked for password and saw the outlook email address.

I am doing this on my work laptop and my IT department just spent an hour trying to figure it out and they cannot. Like I said no issues for a year and now it just doesn't work. They are escalating it here so we will see what happens. 

I just signed in on my personal computer with same account and have no issue so this must be something with the network. Although even saving files to my C drive did not work either. I will keep you posted 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you @Karl Heinz Kremer for your valuable suggestions on this.

@kristinrw23 Launch Acrobat, Edit>Preferences >Security(Enhanced), try adding your Network, shared drive or cloud drive to the exception list. 
If that doesn't work, try "Disabling Protected mode at Startup" to test this behaviour. If that works fine, you ask your IT to troubleshoot protected mode. https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/protected-mode-troubleshooting-reader.html 
Also, i will be sending you a private message, please help me with the requested information.

Regards,
Tariq 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines