Highlighted

No Scanners Found

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a user that is unable to scan into Adobe Acrobat DC. She has an Epson V600 Perfection scanner.

I have reinstalled the the Epson scanning program and Adobe on her computer and made sure that they are both fully updated.

I also followed all of the steps in this guide, https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/troubleshoot-scanner-issues-acrobat.html

She is able to scan using the Epson scanning app and Adobe Photoshop Elements.

However when we try to create a file from a scan in Acrobat it says No Scanners Found.

She doesn't want to use the other apps as she scans a lot and it adds additional time to this.

Is this a known issue? Is there anything else I can try?

TOPICS
Create PDFs, Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

No Scanners Found

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a user that is unable to scan into Adobe Acrobat DC. She has an Epson V600 Perfection scanner.

I have reinstalled the the Epson scanning program and Adobe on her computer and made sure that they are both fully updated.

I also followed all of the steps in this guide, https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/troubleshoot-scanner-issues-acrobat.html

She is able to scan using the Epson scanning app and Adobe Photoshop Elements.

However when we try to create a file from a scan in Acrobat it says No Scanners Found.

She doesn't want to use the other apps as she scans a lot and it adds additional time to this.

Is this a known issue? Is there anything else I can try?

TOPICS
Create PDFs, Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 27, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like you need to reinstall the latest printer driver from the device manufacturer website together with the image capture (ICA) driver.

Not sure if you are using macOS where the lack of  the ICA driver would not allow this scanning function to work with Adobe Acrobat.

See link below:

https://www.epson.de/en/viewcon/corporatesite/site/152/products/mainunits/faq/7727/3597

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 28, 2019 0
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

She has a Windows computer. I have already tried reinstalling all the scanner's drivers and have downloaded the most recent version of Adobe. This did not resolve the error.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 30, 2019 0
Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, here are some extra ideas:

1) Ensure that the PDF handling ownership is defaulted to the Adobe Acrobat application (in Windows 10 MS Edge is the default viewer/handler for PDF files)

2) See if by using the Adobe Repair/Cleaner tool you can make it to work after a fresh install, if that method don't work, try to uninstall and re-install using the Adobe CC Desktop app, OR, going online and login with your adobe user account --->Manage Account---> View your Plan and see if you can also delete or add your Adobe Acrobat product from there.....

However, I forgot to ask which version of Windows does the user have? If it is Windows 10 see if by running the troubleshooter you can set an older windows environment for that printer (like drop it to Windows 8.1 for example , and see if it works with that suggestion--- I am suggesting this because Adobe Acrobat is still for the most part a 32bit application and maybe through the troubleshooter you can force a 32 bit environment to interface between the OS and the Adobe product))

3) I also forgot to ask if the file was exported to PDF using a MS Office application. If that was the case se also if by converting the file back from PDF to MS Word, for example, and then exporting it back to PDF allows to print and scan again

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 30, 2019 0
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I have the  same exact problem but the problem lies first of all with adobe not converting their most new version to 64 bit. This is 2020 and you have created all these bells and whistles to the point where it messes up our IOS and there is  np answer.  I hgave spent 2 days uninstall, reinstalling, updating  drivers and for what a waste of my time. Now that I have decided to uninstall and credit back whatever monies have been paid too you. I have to wire m,y connection in order to scan. Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 21, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about iOS or Windows. You write that “it messes up our IOS and there is no answer.”

Whether or not Acrobat under Windows is 32-bit or 64-bit is absolutely irrelevant to this discussion. Driver interfaces are agnostic as to whether an application is 32-bit or 64-bit.

When you mention that you have to “wire” your connection in order to scan, it implies that the scanner can interface with computers via WIFI and it is that aspect that doesn't work with Acrobat although it does work when you “wire” the connection, conceivably with USB (?!?).

You didn't say what type of scanner you have although the person starting this thread had an Epson Perfection V600 scanner.

For what it is worth, I have an Epson WF-2540 Series Printer/Scanner on my internal Ethernet network (not USB and does work the same way as WIFI in terms of interface to the computer) that uses the exact same set of drivers as that Epson Perfection scanner. I have no problem accessing the scanner from within Acrobat Pro DC on my Windows 10 Pro x64 system.

Can you access the scanner from within other applications using WIFI other than the manufacturer's special scan utility program? If so, which?

Even if there is an issue in Acrobat, it is not Acrobat 32-bit versus 64-bit. And ironically, I have found that some 64-bit software can't handle some driver interfaces although the 32-bit version of the same software does work.

Let us know some more specifics about your configuration, please!

- Dov Isaacs, Principal Scientist, Adobe

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 21, 2020 1
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Dov,

I have the same problem.

Today I bought an EPSON Perfection V600 scanner and I cannot make it to work under Adobe Acdobat. 

I tried v9, V11 and DC versions (as you wrote), but the failure is still the same: Acrobat cannot communicate with the scanner.

I know that the scanner has its own feature to scan documents into PDF, but I really want to use Acrobat Pro, as it has additional features (eg. scanning several pages into one documents).

What kind of driver do I need?

Kind regards

Peter

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 12, 2020 0
Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what it's worth, I have a few computers in my house that access the same printer/scanner.  On any given day, one of the PCs will not be able to find the scanner through Acrobat, and restarting the computer and/or the printer is needed for the scanning to be run successfully.  There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to when, or which computer might need the restart.  The problem has persisted over varying versions of Windows and Acrobat Pro.  I do update all my software and drivers regularly.

My best,

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 13, 2020 0
Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is an odd behavior.

Maybe the updates that frequently run in the background unattended change the Fax & Scanner setting preferences.

As I am reading in other support forums outside of Adobe, maybe rolling back to the previous version of the scanning software can resolve the issue, in addition to disabling the Windows Fax and Scan feature. Seems like this feature expects a modem and a specific HCL driver .

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 13, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I tried to disable Windows Fax and Scan feature as you described, but the problem still remains the same.

I tested the same PC (=same OS and same Acrobat) with my previous old HP5530 scanner -> it works perfectly!

As a cross check, I also tested the new Epson V600 scanner on my laptop (same Acrobat version, but OS: Win7 Pro 32 bit) and it also works.

It seems something should be wrong with Epson scanner V600 Win7 64 bit driver, but I downloaded it from the Epson's homepage.

I also contacted Epson tech support, without any working solution...

It is very annoying as Acrobat is a default PDF manager program and I cannot imagine that no one had alreagy been met with this failure.

Has anybody any ideas how to fiy this issue?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 18, 2020 0
Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See Dov Isaac's reply the last line of his comment above "And ironically, I have found that some 64-bit software can't handle some driver interfaces although the 32-bit version of the same software does work"

You mentioned using "Epson scanner V600 Win7 64 bit driver". Taking Dov's advice I would check if the 32bit version of the same driverfor MS Windows 7 do the  job: https://epson.com/Support/Scanners/Perfection-Series/Epson-Perfection-V600-Photo/s/SPT_B11B198011?re...

NOTE: Seems like the scanning utility and event manager were recently updated in the 64bit version. The 32bit version seems outdated but who knows, maybe this works. In any case, here's their support info: https://files.support.epson.com/htmldocs/prv6ph/prv6phug/html/custo_2.htm

Also, since you've mentioned about using MS Windows 7 64 bit version,  I would force a manual update of the service pack (SP) 1. Use this official Micrososft download page: 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/15090/windows-7-install-service-pack-1-sp1

In addition, you may want to check  this other guidance for additional tips on how to work around with issues that are no longer supported in MS Windows 7: 

https://www.howtogeek.com/255435/how-to-update-windows-7-all-at-once-with-microsofts-convenience-rol...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 18, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

First of all, Many thanks for your prompt reply!

I tried the 32bit driver, but its size exactly the same as those of 64bit one. Anyway, I installed it, but unfortunately nothing has changed.

I also checked: my Win7 has already SP1 pack.

Do you think it'll be worth to re-install it manually?Win7 SP1.jpg

BR

Peter

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 18, 2020 0
ls_rbls LATEST
Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I would. There's nothing to loose by trying.  🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 18, 2020 0
Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alternatively, is your computer frquently goes to sleep or hybernation mode during periods of inactivity, and if your scanning device(s) are plugged in via USB, see the Power Options in Control Panel and change the power saving settings for the USB host controller to enable instead of disable.

This will prevent the OS from switching off the USB host controller ports during sleep.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 13, 2020 0