Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No Spelling Dictionaries Installed

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have 1 end user that has Acrobat Pro DC (latest version) installed and is getting this error: "No dictionaries installed. Your Installation may be corrupted"

I have dug through forums and here is what I have done so far, in order..

Sign out of Adobe, and sign back in

Reboot

Repair

Reboot,

Remove enhaced security permissions

Remove and reinstall.

She is still getting this error. And when I look at the dictionaries there are none installed. 

How can I fix? Can I reinstall dictionaries? How do I do that?

Thanks in advance

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's their operating system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops, sorry about that, Windows 10 1909.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dan,

Thanks for sharing the troubleshooting steps performed so far. As far as I know, there shouldn't be any need to install the Dictionary for Acrobat DC. Since you get the error message, I would like to suggest a few steps to see if that helps-

1- Double check the application end user is working on. It could probably be freeware Acrobat Reader DC. We do have a dictionary pack for Reader DC Windows, but that is too for older version. [https://supportdownloads.adobe.com/product.jsp?product=10&platform=Windows] latest version doesn't have its requirement.

2- This could probably be a corrupt installation. Uninstalling the app, at times doesn't do the complete work as it leaves the application traces behind.

and check back.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, the user is using the full version of Acrobat, not Reader. I was reading about the cleaning tool and it says it will not work with Creative Cloud. This is in fact a creative Cloud version of Acrobat. She also now cannot save out individual pages of a PDF when she could before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines