• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No support from adobe for older version of acrobat pro DC

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had purchased Acrobat Pro DC - perpetual licence version in feb 2016 . When I went for a new MacBook Pro with OS Catalina, the acrobat pro DC could not be uploaded . Similarly I had a photoshop Lightroom perpetual license version and same could not be uploaded as well. Upon contacting adobe helpdesk multiple times, they tried to sold me acrobat pro 2020 at full price and it was a killer. All my investment on adobe became zero in 4 years. Such being the case it is foolish to buy adobe products with no help or support to upgrade existing software with licence key. 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you really mean by “could not be uploaded?” Do you mean you couldn't download the software to install or you couldn't install the software that was downloaded?

If you purchased a “perpetual license” for Acrobat in 2016, it was for Acrobat Pro 2015. One of the downsides of such “perpetual licenses” is that they are for use on hardware and software platforms that were current as of the time you licensed the software. Such licenses do not provide unlimited future compatibility support for new operating systems, computers, and/or peripherals. Regrettably, Apple knowingly and purposely makes new versions of its operating systems including support for new computer models incompatible with many existing application versions. (These issues will only get worse with upcoming release of MacOS 11 and Apple's upcoming switch from use of Intel processors to ARM processors in the Macintosh product line.) The first version of Acrobat to support MacOS 10.15 was Acrobat Pro 2017.

Given that reality, subscriptions to software products such as Acrobat Pro make quite a bit of sense given that operating system, computer system model, and peripheral support is continuously maintained. The cost of the subscription may very well be less over time than having to continually license new application versions to deal with compatibility issues. (And to be clear, there are similar issues with Microsoft Office and other applications under MacOS!)

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot open Adobe Acrobat Reader DC on my Mac, the day after I installed Catalina 10.15.7.  What steps should I take to be able to see the pdf documsnts on my computer?  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

Just to add to @Dov Isaacs I believe that Catalina is 64bit only, you cannot run any 32 bit software, which I believe both the packages you have contain 32 bit software, As it is not really possible to make a previous release 64 bit only ( i.e. remove all the 32 bit pieces) the only real option would be to upgrade.

I know this doesn't help particularly but it is a major change the Apple forced on the entire ecosystem.

Regards

Malcolm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Adobe Team for the response. I also tried to dump my earl;er purchased Adobe Products and promised not to invest in any Adobe Products henceforth. I have moved ahead with other competing products  with perpitual license available in the market at much cheaper price for all the features Adobe Acrobat was providing. 

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines