Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No Video Controls in Adobe Acrobat

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are the video playback controls?

I have embedded an MP4 video into a PDF, and there are no controls for the video when playback is active. I know there has been a transition from flash to other playback methods, but why hasnt Adobe added video controls back within the PDF?

Info on system and Adober version:

Windows 10

Acrobat DC 21.001.20145

subpar work as always.

TOPICS
Rich media and 3D

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen quite a few folks post about this very issue.  There is some evidence that points to this being affected by other installed software and codecs on the computer.  But I haven't seen a definitive explanation given.  Maybe someone will chime in with the info needed to figure out why the behaviors are inconsistent and vary from user to user.  I'm following to see!

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing here. I can add the MP4 files to the PDF, either working in Acrobat Pro or before exporting from InDesign. But the Rich Media tool only gives me two options for controls, either All Controls or None, neither of which actually adds the controller skin. 

On Windows 10 Pro OS19041.928

Acrobat Pro DC 2021.001.20150

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem, have you found a solution? I followed a video tutorial of someone turning on the video control skin. It worked for the presenter, but not for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still waiting for that magic solution to be uncovered, sadly.  But I am still looking for it!

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2021 Oct 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so still waiting ...... no help about mp4 playing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Even when I want to export Interactive PDF from Indesign there is a note "the document includes multimedia content and there is no playback controls in interactive PDF".  Also there is no image of video, only the sound in PDF. But in Indesign I can see the video and the sound, mp4 H.264.

Thank you in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - as much as people didn't like FLASH for legit security reasons, it's presence made things like media playing pretty smooth.  

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

People didnt like flash 😂come on get out of here.. don play with us adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines