• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

non-compatible fonts between two versions of Acrobat Pro DC

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of my colleagues and I both have CC subscriptions. Mine is through a university, hers the standard non-education version. She has a new Mac, I have a PC. 

When she makes a pdf and sends it to me, it NEVER contains fonts that I have access to in my version of Acrobat, so I can never edit anything she sends me. The best I can do is annotate it and then send it back to her to make the changes. This has become very frustrating and inefficient. How can we "synchronize" the fonts so that documents made by either of us can be easily edited by the other?

Thanks!

Cailin 

TOPICS
Create PDFs , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Cailin,

Sorry to hear about your frustrating experience. We'll see, what best can be suggested and how can we fix your problem.

When your colleauge is creating a PDF file, there's most likely a chance that she is using some new fonts which are not default.

The fonts used to create the PDF are not available in your PC. That is the reason you have trouble editing them.

If you can install those fonts to your system, then you both will be able to edit the files. Or she uses the default faults listed within Acrobat (The fonts listed are the fonts that are available on your system.) 

You can also try the fallback font for editing PDF: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/using/default-font-pdf-editing-add-text.html

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines