• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Non-functioning Adobe Acrobat DC Reader on Windows 7

Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My laptop's os is and will continue to be Windows 7 even though it is no longer supported. My issue is that my Adobe Acrobat DC Reader is no longer functioning. I am thus unable to view and print all of my PDF documents. What options do I have to view and print my PDF documents and continue to use Window 7.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting , How to , Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe Reader DC is compatible with Windows 7, but you can also get earlier versions from here:

ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ralph,

Can you let us know the build which you are using? Is it the latest Acrobat DC Reader update (21.001.20135)? If yes, can we get some pdf files for which you are facing this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, my version is 21.001.20135.    In my opinion, the issue is not the PDF files.  When I click on a PDF file Adobe Acrobat DC Reader opens but it is frozen.  In other words I am unable to do anything with the file: cannot print, maximize nor minimize the page, etc.  I cannot even close the program. In order to close the Reader, I need to close it with task manager.  I might also mention that I did recieve an email/message from Adobe for me to uninstall Adobe Acrobat DC Reader.  I want to continue to use Windows 7 on my laptop and want to be able to print my PDF documents.  What suggestions can you offer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try 67 provided me with a link to get earlier versions (see above).  If that is a good suggestion which version should I get?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ralph5C70

Thanks for reporting the issue.  Can you please share the following details so that we can investigate it further:  

1. Process dumps when the program is unresponsive. Please refer https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/kb/collect-logs-crash-freeze.html  for steps on collecting the process dumps. 
  2. Capture ProcMon logs from the time you launch Reader till it open in a frozen state. 

Regards, 

Priyanka Jain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

" might also mention that I did recieve an email/message from Adobe for me to uninstall Adobe Acrobat DC Reader " This is surprising. Can you copy/paste the message you received?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines