Highlighted

Non-intuitive interface - inserting pages from files

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kash-is-king_0-1591599981032.png

When inserting a file, the dialog asks where I want to place the new pages. In my mind, selecting "First" means the new file is inserted before all previously existing pages. Likewise, when selecting Last, I assume that the new pages are inserted after all other pages.

Instead, pages are inserted before or after the first/last page, as set by the dropdown menu.

I would argue that it's more common to either add pages first or last in a document, than after page 1 or at page N-1 - these should be the shortcuts!

kash-is-king_1-1591600420316.png

Topics

Create PDFs, Edit and convert PDFs, Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Non-intuitive interface - inserting pages from files

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kash-is-king_0-1591599981032.png

When inserting a file, the dialog asks where I want to place the new pages. In my mind, selecting "First" means the new file is inserted before all previously existing pages. Likewise, when selecting Last, I assume that the new pages are inserted after all other pages.

Instead, pages are inserted before or after the first/last page, as set by the dropdown menu.

I would argue that it's more common to either add pages first or last in a document, than after page 1 or at page N-1 - these should be the shortcuts!

kash-is-king_1-1591600420316.png

Topics

Create PDFs, Edit and convert PDFs, Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
try67 LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can make a feature request here: https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
One Stop Solution for Acrobat
Edit a PDF