Highlighted

Not able open acrobat dc in my Mac

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not able to open acrobat dc in my Mac, i do not have any licence issue but still i am getting error like "Sorry something went wrong"

I am able to login at creative cloud and able to use other adobe software but i am not able to use adobe acrobet DC

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Not able open acrobat dc in my Mac

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not able to open acrobat dc in my Mac, i do not have any licence issue but still i am getting error like "Sorry something went wrong"

I am able to login at creative cloud and able to use other adobe software but i am not able to use adobe acrobet DC

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 12, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Charwan

We are sorry for the trouble. As described you are unable to use the application and getting the error 'Something went wrong'

We need some more information to investigate the issue in detail

1. What is the version of the Adobe Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Adobe Acrobat.
2. What is the version of the Mac OS you are using?
3. What is your Adobe ID / Email? so that we can check your subscription status
4. Do you have any security software installed that might be causing the issue? If yes, what is the security software you are using?

Please collect the machine logs as described here https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html  and upload the logs on the Document Cloud https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/home/  , generate the link and share it with us.

Also please share the file from the location "/Users/<USER_NAME>/Library/Preferences/com.adobe.Acrobat.Pro.plist" for testing.

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 12, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Amal,

Thanks for your reply, Following are details for your queries.

1. What is the version of the Adobe Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Adobe Acrobat.

AS I Am not able to open the app so going to help menu is not possibile for me, regardig version i have installed lettest version from cretive cloud.

2. What is the version of the Mac OS you are using?

Mac OC version is macOS Catalina 10.15.7

3. What is your Adobe ID / Email? so that we can check your subscription status

[Personal info removed by mod: Email address. please don't share any personal info such as email, phone number, address, etc on public platforms.]

4. Do you have any security software installed that might be causing the issue? If yes, what is the security software you are using?

I am not having any security software installed

Regarding logs It might be difficult for me to share the log as i am working on some of important projects. Please let me know if you need any other information.

Regards,

Chander Harwani

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 15, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for sharing the information. However we need the logs as described earlier and the file from the location "/Users/<USER_NAME>/Library/Preferences/com.adobe.Acrobat.Pro.plist" for testing so that we can isolate the issue and find the rootcause of the same.

You may provided the logs and the required file from the location in the secured private message. Please click on the message icon at the top right corner of this page to initiate the private message.

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 15, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Amal,

I have sent email of log file at livecare.24x7 @ outlook .com as i am not seeing any option for attachement of file here.

Please can you share your email id so i will send you the file at your email id.

Regards,

Chander Harwani

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 21, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DON'T! This is a scammer, not Adobe support!

I hope you didn't give them any personal details or access to your machine...

Please post the name of the user who gave you that address so we can ban them.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 21, 2020 0
Amal. LATEST
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

++ Adding to try67

Please upload the file to the document cloud https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/home/  , generate the link and share the link with us in private message only by clicking on the envelope icon present at the top right of this page.

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 21, 2020 0