Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not Able to Extract Pages from Organize Pages

Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Community,

One of my colleagues is getting a weird bug.

Ususally when we try to extract certain pages from a pdf we go to "Organize Pages", select the pages we want, and then drag them onto the desktop or a folder. It will then create a new pdf called, "Untitled Extract Pages.pdf".

When this colleague does it, he's currently getting a different cursor, I've attached a photograph of it. When you let go of the click and drag, nothing happens. Can someone tell us what's going on?

explorer_yftfEGwXtY.png

Thanks!

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Well, it may or may not be abug.

The issue occurs if you've enabled  the "Enable Protected Mode at Startup (Preview) preference.

Unchecking this option resolves the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you both have the exact same version of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.

The change in cursor type is a normal visual indicator that lets the user know a drag n' drop action is taking place or executing. The mouse pointer will return to the select tool arrow pointer or hand (whatever the user has chosen) once the drag n' drop action is done.

I don't think dragging a page outside of the Adobe Acrobat workspace is  allowed by the software design itself or because of privlege context due to JavaScript security.

Have you checked if by disabling all security preferences like Protected Mode and Enhanced security will allow to drag and drop a page outise of the Acrobat workspace?

Otherwise, you will need to stick to the built-in feature by clicking on "Extract" and manually selecting a folder where you want the extracted page to be saved to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, we have the same version of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.

I'm going to try your suggestions but my cursor basically looks like this and I'm able to extract certain pages from the document onto the desktop. He used to be able to do that as well.

 

2021-02-23_15-15-51.png

Once I let go of the click and drag on my machine, it performs as it's supposed to and it creates that pdf as described in the original post. Strangely enough we have the same exact machine on the same exact operating system. This has to be either a weird glitch or something stupid. I've already tried holding shift, ctrl, and alt with no differences in the end result. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting,  I think this may be related to the last update.

I updated my Acrobat recently and have the same cursor changed as in your screenshot and it doesn't do anything.

You might be right if it is a bug that was introduced with in the last update, specially if it was working before with no issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it may or may not be abug.

The issue occurs if you've enabled  the "Enable Protected Mode at Startup (Preview) preference.

Unchecking this option resolves the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Worked like a charm! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines